Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error with payment

Error with payment

I have tried to subscribe to Spotify Premium using my Visa card. But I get the error message below all the time. I have sufficient funds on my account and I have tried to buy stuff on the net before with no problems. The card has not expired.

Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again.

7 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Does your card meet all of the requirements set out in this help page including being registered in the same country as your Spotify account?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey 🙂 

Does your card meet all of the requirements set out in this help page including being registered in the same country as your Spotify account?

Peter

Yes, all requirements are met. I don't know why this doesn't work. Thanks for your help anyway.

Dear Peter,

I am havong a similar problem, except the error message for me goes like "Oops ... It seems your card issuer or the payment service provider is having a bad day today. However, no reason for concern: no fee deduction. Try different currency."

This has been going on for two weeks, with me trying every week! 

Please do something about this, very annoying!

Thanks,

Fülöp

same problem... nothing changed... payment was done with same card the month before... FAQ won´t help... there must be a problem with spotify

@FLP1000 @tom5573

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I paid my student discount of 4.99$ twice. But still I won’t be able to download music. But spotify charged me 10$(i.e., 4.99$+4.99$). What should i do now??? First attempt i wrote my wrong school id by mistake and in second attempt i wrote correct details, still I didn’t get any subscription. In my subscription page, it is showing nothing. 😕

Hey @rajinderjoshi

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your bank account a day or two later.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts