Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Everything deleted after combining my Facebook account with my Spotify account.

Everything deleted after combining my Facebook account with my Spotify account.

Plan

Free (former Premium).

Country

Denmark.

Device

Hp Laptop.

Operating System

Windows 10.

My Question or Issue

So after being curious to how I could combine my Facebook account on Spotify (the one I mainly used) to a Spotify account, I found the solution, here, on a community post which said I should log on to a Spotify account and then connect to Facebook through the settings. Long story short: I did that, and it deleted all my playlists and everything I had on the Facebook account which I mainly used on Spotify before. So, here I am sitting now, re-evaluating my life choices and thinking just what happened. I still can not believe that all my playlists are gone just because I tried to combine my account, which I heavily regret now - or do I? Depends if there is a way to get them back, which is why I need you guys to help me out. I have no idea how, but if there is any way that I can just use my Facebook account again and have all my playlists back, that would be juuuust perfect! Apparently, it won't allow me to log on Spotify with Facebook anymore either, as it seems I need to log on the Spotify account, connect to Facebook and only THEN, can I use Spotify by logging on through a Facebook account. It is all really, really weird. I understand if you find it hard to grasp all this, but all I really want to know is if there is a way to retrieve lost playlists or perhaps... like, undo all this? Please help.

1 Reply

Hi there!

Not to worry, your Spotify playlists haven’t disappeared - it sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

If you’re definitely logged into the right account, but you’re still not seeing some playlists, I’d suggest reading this Spotify Answer for the correct steps.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts