Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Everything is lost after Facebook resiliation

Solved!

Everything is lost after Facebook resiliation

Hello everyone, and many thanks in advance for your help !

I have cancelled my Facebook account which was my way of connecting to Spotify.

As everything is well thought, I simply had to follow the process proposed by Spotify in order to renew my password. So far, everything went well.

While getting back to the player, with the new password, all my information were lost, from my playlists and friends to the advantages related with my family account.

Currently, my "former" account is still on within the app (I did not disconnect here but only on Chrome where I wanted to manage my playlists). Thus I was wondering if I could have two different accounts with the same email address but it does not seem to be the case : indeed, I tried to change my cellphone number on my first account and saw that it also have changed on the second one ...

I am a bit afraid of disconnecting from the app and not being able to get my music back 🙂

Does anyone have an idea how I could put everything on the "new" account then ?

Thanks again !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @owa,

Thanks for asking about this! 

In case you do have two accounts, you won't lose your music. All that has to be done, is locate the accounts, then merge them together. 

Try the proposed steps, tell us which ones you've tried and let us know if they helped 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi! Check in spotify settings page on chrome if your account email is the same one that you are trying on your cellphone.

Hi there, thanks for the answer !
the emails are the same indeed.
Do you know if there is a way I could check if I don't have duplicate accounts with the same address ?
Marked as solution

Hey there @owa,

Thanks for asking about this! 

In case you do have two accounts, you won't lose your music. All that has to be done, is locate the accounts, then merge them together. 

Try the proposed steps, tell us which ones you've tried and let us know if they helped 🙂

PetyaModerator

Ok, the merge operation has been a success.

Unfortunately I was not able to get my Facebook-created-account but following the instructions to get it to another account was easy.

Now I hope I'll also be able to get back to my family with this new account 🙂

Many thanks !

Hi there @owa,

I'm glad our answer managed to help you connect your Facebook account to your new Spotify account 🙂 

Thanks for accepting my post as a Solution - hopefully this way other users who have the same issue could find what they need faster.

Let us know if there's anything else Spotify-related that we can help you with! We're always glad to lend a helping hand.

Enjoy your music!  

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts