Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extremely bad customer service

Extremely bad customer service

Hello,

I am writing to complain about the bad customer service you have.  It is so bad, that it´s rear for a paid service.

Many days ago, I made a simple request: please delete my account.  All well up until then, the account was deleted, and the support representative reimbursed me the money I had paid for Premium.

However, I had the extremely bad idea of thinking that your software and integration with Facebook actually worked well, so I created a new account and paid for Premium again.  At the time there was a promotion of "Paid for one month and get 3 of premium service".  Awesome.

However, by accident, I linked my account to my girlfriend´s Facebook account, when using Spotify on her iPad. After several attempts to unlink both accounts without succcess, I contacted your customer service again, and asked a simple question one more time: Can you please delete this account, so I can start afresh?  After all, the problem wasn´t mine, it was the software that wasn´t working, because I should be able to disconnect both accounts.  

And that was the mistake.  Something that was soooooo simple the first time, because a pain..you know where.  Not only I had to send lots of e-mails just to confirm what I had just confirmed.  But your response time is soooooooooo loooooooooooong!!!

So I asked: delete the account, please, and reimburse me the money I paid for premium.  --Money? From Premium? Which Premium? When did you pay for Premium? Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla?   After I sent all, and I mean all! the details to the customer service representative (the number 5 or six by that time), I´ve got the response...I´m sorry, but since your account was deleted (because, Alelhuya! I got my account finally deleted), we cannot reimburse you, but we can give you a free month of premium anyway! Awesome! NOT!

When I asked whether you would respect the 3 months of free that I got when I signed up, the answer was:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can only able to credit you the one month, I am sorry there isn't much more I can do about that Herman.

Would you like me to apply your free month now? 

Sorry again Herman and I look forward to your reply! 

25 e-mails, a lot of time wasted talking to you guys, the problem was originated because of a failure in YOUR software, whuch I PAY TO USE, and you cannot honour the conditions under which I subscribed to the service in the first place?  Can you please tell me, what kind of company you are, and what is going on here?

This is the worst ever customer service I´ve received for a paid service.  Just so you understand what I mean:  I work for an NGO which uses Microsoft software, which we get completely FREE.  Do you know how long I wait for them to get back to me after I submit a service request? A: 15 - 30 mins.  Yeah, they are Microsoft, fair enough.  Let´s give the startup Spotify 6 hours then...ohh, no...12 hours.  No, not enough.  What about 2 days to just write 3 lines of a follow up e-mail? Because that´s how long I had to wait for you to get back to me most of the time!

You should be embarrased.

Regards,

Herman Haugland

(Ex) Spotify Premium Subscriber

PS: Attached you´ll find the ridiculously long conversation I´ve had with your customer service, just to get my account deleted twice and 2 reimbursements.

39 Replies

@SandraDumont

I suggest you contact support using this alternative contact form so they can help you recover your old account, which you are still paying:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account when using the contact form or the username and email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem, they don't give any help it's been three months and every month they take money from my account, although my facebook account is deleted and direct after that they stopped spotify so I am paying every month without even using their app and I have send them many tweets and e mails without getting any help....I don't know what to do... I swear if they take one more dollar from my account next month, I will sue them.....the worst service ever....

@Binafsh91 wrote:
I have the same problem, they don't give any help it's been three months and every month they take money from my account, although my facebook account is deleted and direct after that they stopped spotify so I am paying every month without even using their app and I have send them many tweets and e mails without getting any help....I don't know what to do... I swear if they take one more dollar from my account next month, I will sue them.....the worst service ever....

Interesting ... I provided a solution to resolve poor customer service but they deleted them in every thread I posted in. Your not the only one accusing them of stealing. Apparently they are being SUED already for more than $150 million which is why scenarios like yours is even more suspicios in my opinion. Just Google " Spotify class action " . 

I suggest you have your bank block any future transactions for spotify, and or contact a lawyer.  I've reached out to the attorneys handling the class action, perhaps it can be used to help others suffering from fraudulent activity by Spotify. 

Spotifiy has a promotion for 3 months for 99 cents, new customers only!  Just imagine how many customers are giving out bank card info to them at this moment. 

I don't think any of this is a coincidence 

#youcandeletethistoobutIhavescreenshots! 

Been there. I asked to stop the premium membership, they did. However 3 months later they were still getting 10€ a month from my VISA. Countless mails to "noreply"-mail adresses and so on... In the end I called my bank and let the bank take care of it by blocking spotify from stealing my money... I will NEVER let spotify get another chance at my money! Customer service is what I call non-existant.

and how do you do that??? i have a wrong facebook account connected, i enter my email account and try to connect it with my facebook, but a long time ago i made an account with my facebook, that i didnt remember i did, so when i try to conect my email account to my facebook, it sais that ther´s already an account with that facebook, what do i do???? 

Hey @elisaflorido,

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you merge both accounts within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

I'm still trying to figure out how to get a hold of their customer service. Pretty terrible !

You know what after seeing this I'm gonna find some where else...

I totaly agree to this. Been trying for DAYS to find the answers I need, but can't find any answers. Can't even find the answer to HOW YOU CAN AKS A SIMPLE QUESTION IN THIS COMMUNITY (that is supposed to be helpfull but all it does is makeing me super angry. 

So I'm asking my question here because this is the only way I'm going to be able to post anything:
Someone is uing my spotify, and has been for a very long time. I logged out all devices multiple times and changed my facebook password to. Someone is still using is and I donæt know how to stop it. 
I've tried to set a password for my spotify account my it won't work.
Pleas help! 

Hey @christvi,

Since you created your Spotify account with Facebook, you need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on a Facebook account.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

About 2 to 3 months ago I had message you all that I wanted to close my account. Up until today my bank account continues to show that you all are charging my account. Worst thing is that Spotify tries not just once, not twice but up to 3 times to charge my account. Please stop. Way before that I sent you (Spotify) the message of wanting to cancel my account I was having issues with my song list that never got fixed. So please, close my account with you all and please stop charging my account.

Hey @dababies64

Did you get email receipts from previous subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you paid for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged after you cancelled, it probably means you're paying a different account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star

no you ate billions worth of company so get a real cutomerervice

ok thank you

I recently ran into an issue with an album. Despite contacting custuomer service as instructed, they effectively told me I had to contact the record label and ask them myself, as if they were "powerless" to do anything. So basically Spotify is passing the responsibility to fix issues onto their users.

For all the hundreds of people employed with Spotify who have connections to various record labels on the service, you can't have one of them send an email?

This is ludicrous. Really making me reconsider my subscription.

reply.png

Not surprised. Sorry to bring back an old thread, but the problem doesn't seem to get any better.

Reached out recently with a similar problem.

Received a vague, unsympathetic response; when I said I can reach out to the distributor on my end after another few weeks problem wasn't solved, I was sent an incoherent pile of nonsense - so in addition to their passivity, they won't even let customers make things right. They seem to have forgotten we are the reason they have their jobs.

I started a new thread about CS here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/To-all-Spotify-users-who-feel-uncared-for-unheard/m-p/4090...

I described few techniques they use to get rid of the customers, and what we can do about it. Feel free to share your experience there.

Glad to see, even 4 years later, nothing at all has changed. Well done spotify. A lot has changed but not you.

Hello, last December I took advantage of a discount offered for a 1 year subscription to the Premium service and would like to stop the auto renew service and close my account. When I try to do so through My Account  I get an error message that reads "Opps something went wrong try again" Which I have done many times and get the same error message. How then do I go about closing my Spotify Premium account?

Thanks,

gala1973

Actually I had a very good experience with spotify customer support. Very friendy too, and she answered within a few hours...great

BUT :

technically I´m not sure if I stick with the company...

I had to reinstall 3 times in the last 4 weeks on all three devices because all my playlists seemed to be corrupted - I could not play certain songs - this happened randomly.

Support told my sth was messed up and I should delete the app and the cache.

So - this worked, but only for some days.

After I downloaded some playlists for offline use the **bleep** problem reappeared.

Another thing : it´s still not possible to play songs offline when you use djay pro - so SPOTIFY is completely useless for parties...tried once to djay with the app + doesn´t work. But still they don´t seem willing to fix the problem with dj apps...

BAD!!!!

Well, that's annoying.

If you can't cancel through your account page (how very surprising...), then you may try using a different browser and/or different device - sometimes cookies/stored cache on Spotify pages go mental, making it impossible to access them properly (subscription/payment pages are a real nightmare at times).

If you get the same "Oops" error on every browser/device, then I guess the only option left is to write to CS, so that they cancel the subscription on their end - it usually doesn't take too long, and at least you'll know it's over and done with.

Suggested posts