Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extremely frustrated and disappointed.

Extremely frustrated and disappointed.

I've been wrestling with the Spotify website/player/service for a good bit now.  

I think with a little effort, they might could make things hard and unclear to navigate.  😕

Sarcasm aside, in getting some assistance to connect to FB, it erroneously got connected to the FB account that was already logged in on the computer, without a step from Spotify to verify WHICH FB account to connect it to.  So now, my Spotify account is linked with the wrong FB account.  I have tried.......literally dozens........of times clicking the DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK button.  This is apparently like the "Pete and Repeat" joke; a revolving door that holds you as a slave.  Still shows my mate's FB page as the one that is linked.  

Family subscription canceled....I don't wish to try and fix this any more.  Now I just want to wipe the account out completely and start over.  If I can't do that, I guess I'll just do away with using spotify all together and find another alternative.  If that is possible, how? 

4 Replies

Hello @LynnHavenWorshi , welcome to the Spotify Community!

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, they'll help you out 🙂

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Hey @LynnHavenWorshi 

Sorry to hear this has happened.

I would recommend that you get in touch with Spotify Customer Support. They'd be able to unlink your Spotify account from somebody's Facebook profile. You can get in touch with them through the online form or if you have a Twitter account, feel free to tweet @SpotifyCares at anytime 🙂

Have done both and gotten nowhere.  This was a last resort.  How frustrating it is when the proposed answer to the solution is the path that has proven already not to work.  Just like the issue of not being able to disconnect from FB should be solved by the disconnect from FB button but does not.  I just thought of a new term that is apt for this - circular illogic!   

Not sure at all how Spotify has the prominent place that it has with the customer service interaction or with the wonky-to-navigate interface that I've experienced thus far.  I'll totally submit that when I'm paying for a service, my expectations on customer support are high.  I do not accept the status quo the way society does.  Maybe it'll be like MySpace and over time become obsolete as another better service (with actual service) arises in the future.  One can only hope.   

Hi @LynnHavenWorshi

I understand your frustration and would be equally frustrated if I were wearing your shoes 😞

If you dont mind, may I ask which option you have when you go to your Account Overview? Is it Connect to Facebook or Disconnect from Facebook?

Suggested posts