Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FB Login Difficulties

FB Login Difficulties

I've found a less-than-ideal workaround for this for now, but wanted to bring it up in case anyone else who had it is still stuck reading this forum and unable to ask a question!

I signed up for Spotify yesterday, and at first everything ran completely smoothly. I noticed a problem with the desktop program and wanted to add to a thread here, but could not login using my FB credentials. Everything looked fine on the FB end, I tried clearing cache/cookies, logging in and out, restarting everything, all that stuff, but could not log in to the site (though could log in to the desktop program). Finally, I tried deleting the permissions for Spotify in my FB preferences, restarting the browser, and then Spotify let me log in! To test, I logged out of Spotify and then tried to log right back in: error. Went and deleted Spotify from FB permissions, and it worked again.

Anyway, didn't see anything about it on here, so thought I'd give a heads-up for anyone looking for answers but who can't log in to use the site and ask! Also, if anyone knows of a setting or something that could make this easier, please let me know.

2 Replies

Hey Zugasaurus, welcome to the Community.

Thanks for letting us know how you got on. Hopefully other people will find this thread useful if they're having this issue too.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

An easier way would be for Spotify to let users register without Facebook, but Sean Parker is too much of an ass to let that happen.

Suggested posts