Premium

Country

England 

Device

Motorola G6

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have changed the email for facebook account however Spotify still uses the old email address to contact me. In my account settings, there is no option to change my email address and additionally, I cannot after following all the steps unlink my facebook account with my Spotify account that way. I have already tried resetting my password and signing in both with and without the facebook button to no avail. Any help on this matter??

Account Image.png
Spotify Social.PNG
4 Replies

Hey there @ccouchgonzalez,

thanks for posting !

Please visit Spotify.com, log in to your account and check that the "Process My Facebook Data" tab is on.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

My Facebook data processing tab Is actually on now that I've checked. Is this the problem? 

My Facebook data processing tab Is actually on now that I've checked. Is this the problem? 

Hey there @ccouchgonzalez,

Thanks for asking in the Community about this! 

If you cannot change the email address connected to your Spotify account, it means the account was created through Facebook. You have the option to either create a new account without Facebook, or to change the email in your Facebook profile. You can find more info on that here.

Since you chose the second option, could you confirm if the change is already reflected in your account page?

Thanks for letting us know!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts