Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook App Spotify ID & My Spotify ID is Diffirent (User Name Problem)

Solved!

Facebook App Spotify ID & My Spotify ID is Diffirent (User Name Problem)

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Operating System

(Android ,Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi;

My Spotify profile is shown as only numbers because some time ago i disabled all my Facebook Applications on my FB account. So after i gave permission Spotify app to my facebook account, my profile name did not changed from numbers.

When i looked into Facebook -> Apps -> Spotify, it says my Spotify ID is 649410xxx. But in Spotify, my Spotify ID is 11137915xxx. Removing app from facebook and re-installing did not change anything.

If i logged in to In Spotify web site, my facebook profile picture shows, but nothing else.

Because i' m Premium and using Premium for Family , i don' t want to close this account and open a new account on Spotify.

What can i do to make visible my user name without numbers again?

2.JPG
3.JPG
1-1.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @onurozguzel.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Give it 48 hours and log out/back in and you should see your name again. The two numbers you see by the way, don't need to match.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi, 

Try this link if you have Twitter  https://mobile.twitter.com/SpotifyCares and someone from the Spotify team will be able to help you! 

Hope this helps! 

Hi;

Unfortunality i don' t have a Twitter account, but if i can' t find a solution here, i' ll create a Twitter account and try to get help from there.

Thank you for information. 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @onurozguzel.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Give it 48 hours and log out/back in and you should see your name again. The two numbers you see by the way, don't need to match.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts