Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook Connect not working

Facebook Connect not working

I'm trying to connect my facebook account to spotify, but everytime I get the following errors: 

1. Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area
  2. Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later.
It said that this was an issue yesterday on the support page, but the alert went away today, but it is still occuring.  Please let me know as I would really like to conenct my facebook account to my spotify account. 
3 Replies

Hi @testificate, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Can you make sure you didn't create a Facebook account by mistake? Please follow this guide in our FAQ to find out if you have a second account: 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Nope I did not create a Facebook account by mistake.  I tried several ways to conenct my Facebook account:

1.  I'm currently on my account I signed up with my email since I'm posting here and I tried to connect using the connect to facebook button on my account overview which I end up getting: 

Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later.

2. I have tried going to Spotify and signing up using my Facebook which I get: 

Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area

3.  I go to Facebook and go to the Spotify page then try to sign up through Facebook using the Spotify web app, which I get no response other than the Sign Up with Facebook button having an endless ... loop.  

4.  I have tried all of the above methods using Chrome, Firefox and Safari and I get the same results as before.  This error has been occuring for me for a couple days now as well.  

Please let me know if there is anything else I should try! 

Nope I did not create a Facebook account by mistake.  I tried several ways to conenct my Facebook account:

1.  I'm currently on my account I signed up with my email since I'm posting here and I tried to connect using the connect to facebook button on my account overview which I end up getting: 

Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later.

2. I have tried going to Spotify and signing up using my Facebook which I get: 

Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area

3.  I go to Facebook and go to the Spotify page then try to sign up through Facebook using the Spotify web app, which I get no response other than the Sign Up with Facebook button having an endless ... loop.  

4.  I have tried all of the above methods using Chrome, Firefox and Safari and I get the same results as before.  This error has been occuring for me for a couple days now as well.  

Please let me know if there is anything else I should try! 

Suggested posts