Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook Deactivation

Facebook Deactivation

I am planning to deactivate my FB account and also am a delighted Spotify user.  I know that I can access Spotify via an e-mail/password sign up; so, that's not the issue.  Is there a smooth/easy way to transfer all of my playlists to the "new account".  If so, how do I do this?

Thanks, in advance!

9 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can easily move those playlists over for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is there an easy way to change my login from FaceBook to the email/password style?

@user-removed - No there isn't, if your account was created using Facebook it is forever tied to your Facebook login details and account. I wrote a tutorial of steps to follow if you want to migrate over to a new account here

Peter

Thanks much!  Another question--if I have already downloaded Spotify on my Mac (connected with my FB account), do I need to uninstall and reinstall, under a new log-in and password? 

Appreciate your expertise!

No need to uninstall, you can just log out and back in using different credentials. 😉

Peter

Deactivating facebook and keeping spotify without having to get a new acct can be done if you have a premium acct.  you need to log back into facebook so you will have access to your spotify acct.  You then need to create a device password.  click this link to create a device password  http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password  Once you receive an email and create your device password, log out/deactivate facebook, then log into spotify on your device using your new numerical username and password provided. Enjoy!

Hi,

I've requested the device password reset 3 times now over the last 24 hours and haven;t received the email in any of my folders (junk, inbox etc..)??

Hey Blupr1nt,

Send us a quick email (https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/) and we should be able to get a device password over to you 🙂

how long does this take

Suggested posts