Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook E-Mail changed, but Spotify didn't update.

Solved!

Facebook E-Mail changed, but Spotify didn't update.

Hello Spotifyans,

I just changed my E-Mail on Facebook, but this change doesn't show up in my Spotify account.

Do I have to wait a bit or is something wrong?

44 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @kalibutsu is Spotify displaying your old photo? Or you old email address? Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

How to update my email on Spotify

Same problem here. Changed my Email ages ago but Spotify still displays the ancient proxy Facebook adress. I contacted the support but i cant receive any feedback because they would answer to the old non functional adress.

Below fixed it for me

Go to spotify website and go to accounts (where you see your email address).

Go down a bit and select 'sign out everywhere'.

Did not work. Still the broken "app+52q9toii.2qucnha3m9.5ddf513175724656a8fdb28e3d485c2c@proxymail.facebook.com" Mail in my Account. I tried to contact the support but they will reply this email. I need help here.

I currenlty have this issue, it's been two days and my email address hasn't been updated. I can't connect my device to spotify because it's sending a password to the old email address. What can I do?

2 years ago........... accont management in Spotify is pitiful........

Hey there.

I might need some help with this topic. I have the same exact problem and none of the solutions seem to work.

I hate how you support people label this topic 'solved' without a proper solution at all.

I have the same problem.. go to here: 

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Click on your problem and start "Chat" directly with the customer care of spotify.. they can directly help changed your email.. cheers

I have the same problem.. go to here: 

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Click on your problem and start "Chat" directly with the customer care of spotify.. they can directly help changed your email.. cheers

Marked as solution

My email has changed and I can't get into my facebook

Make sure you don't have another account with the same email. 

Thanks for sharing https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/?contact .

I too contacted them via chat and they immediately changed my email address and also sent me the requested receipt for spotify premium I've propably received on old emai address.

I had this issue, did some research and folllowed 2 instructions posted on here. 

1.) Be sure you're using your student email (ending in .edu ) either for your facebook (which will change right away on facebook) or for your spotify account.

2.) Log out of everywhere via your spotify account settings page

3.) Clear your cache on your internet thingy

4.) Log back in. Should recognize your new .edu email and get you in.

BTW, in my account settings it still says my old email 

I am having exact same trouble, and I changed my email months ago

How do you contact them via chat? can't find that option??

Hi Liam. It's been over months that i have the same problem.

I need to delete my private account as I uploaded some songs on spotify and I need to create an artist page with the same name of my personal account. Also I want to avoid people to feel in confusion.

I was trying to close my personal account but the mail displayed is the wrong one. I checked as written in the tips, but my mail on fb is the correct one, as I'm not using the old one anymore. If I complete the delete process, they send me the confermation mail on the old mail, so I can't complete it. I tried to change the mail on fb again and again, but it doens't seem to work and on my Spotify profile there is still the old one.

Also i'm waiting for “spotfy for artist” to confirm my account with a different mail, but I'm still waiting. I wish it's not because my artist name is the same as my account on the spotify account (that's the reason I want to delete my personal page).

Please Help me.

I had the same problem as OP, and the chat-based support worked for me as well! https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Make a Chat Request on the Spotify website and they can easily change it from their side. It took about 2 minutes

Same issue. Please hlelp.  

Email address on FB is already updated but Spotify keeps sending  email to old email address fto reset password. 😞 

Suggested posts