Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook account deactivated

Facebook account deactivated

My original Facebook account is deactivated, it can't be reactivated, so how do I get my account changed to my new Facebook account, or should I just take all the users here talking about the problems they have with support, call my credit card compnay and cancel the whole thing and go with your competitors? My old account can't be reactivated, repeat, my old account can't be reactivated and I don;t see any way to cancel the old account here and start a new one. Why the hell don;t you seperate the two to avoid causing your customers problems like this. I'll give Spotify and hour and then I just forget you ever existed, I'm tired of corporations taking our money and providing no realistic support.

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do what you are asking if your account was created using Facebook. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you migrating all of your playlists and subscription over to a new account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK, then I'll give them an hour to respond to that or I still cancel and go to their competitors, this is asinine.

Hi peascreekstudio - Our agents work hard to try to respond within 24 hours. I can assure you you'll have a response from our team as soon possible. 

They can certainly help get your music back. 

most companies have a phone you can call instead of making customers put up with the back and forth of an email support system, which is generally the most ineffective, time consuming aggravating means of customer support, but certainly cheaper for the company. But hey all those other guys saying how frustrating it is without a phone number, what do they know, we're just a source of revenue.

Suggested posts