Country

PL

Device

phone, win

Operating System

win 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, 

I have created a non-fb account some time ago and I have all my music suited there, very good suggestions, weekly tailored playlists, my own playlists etc. The only problem is that I cannot connect it with facebook to see what my friends are playing. I try to log-in in settings, but after I type my email and password and go through 2-step verification, nothing changes. I still cant see my friends and I am still not connected to facebook eventhough login process is finished. 

My facebook profile on the other hand has no problems with that, I see my friends and all, but this profile has very bad suggestions for me as I rushed through music preerences section during account configuration and I have no playlists there that I created on my non-fb account. Can I somehow merge these two accounts, or copy non-facebook account preferences/content into my fb account? Or can you please tell me how can I fix the login problem on my non-fb account?

Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, only speaking with Spotify tech support resolved the problem! There was an email address tied to the account that blocked the conenction betweeen facebook and my new account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Marshall89.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can only connect to a Facebook profile which is not in use anymore. So in this case you'll need to close the account you created with Facebook before you can connect it to your new Spotify account.

Keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours before the connection between Spotify and Facebook is broken, and that it can take up to 48 hours before a connection is established. So sometimes you just have to give it two days and you'll see that your Facebook profile and Spotify account are connected.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Marked as solution

Hi, only speaking with Spotify tech support resolved the problem! There was an email address tied to the account that blocked the conenction betweeen facebook and my new account.

Hey @Marshall89,

That's great to hear! 🙂 

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out again.

Have a great day.

Suggested posts