Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook app

Solved!

Facebook app

Hi,

How can I deactivate my Spotify account being linked to my Facebook account? I don't want to share what I listen to and having to activate the private option every time I use spotify is quite annoying. Any solutions?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just go to the Spotify App preferences and then set the options to be:

- Disconnect from Facebook
- Activity Sharing: Share my Activity unticked
- Remove the publish top tracks and artists

This should do a lot.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

If you signed up through Facebook, the only way to unlink them is to create a new account and NOT go through Facebook.

To create a Spotify account (not Facebook), log out of the website and click sign up. At the bottom of the page there will be an option to create an account with your e-mail address. This makes you a Spotify account without a Facebook link.

If you did not sign up through Facebook, simply to to Preferences in the desktop app and click "Disconnect from Facebook". Note that this option doesn't appear if you are logged in with Facebook credentials.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Just go to the Spotify App preferences and then set the options to be:

- Disconnect from Facebook
- Activity Sharing: Share my Activity unticked
- Remove the publish top tracks and artists

This should do a lot.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Marked as solution

If you signed up through Facebook, the only way to unlink them is to create a new account and NOT go through Facebook.

To create a Spotify account (not Facebook), log out of the website and click sign up. At the bottom of the page there will be an option to create an account with your e-mail address. This makes you a Spotify account without a Facebook link.

If you did not sign up through Facebook, simply to to Preferences in the desktop app and click "Disconnect from Facebook". Note that this option doesn't appear if you are logged in with Facebook credentials.

Suggested posts