Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook created account doesn't show Facebook connection

Solved!

Facebook created account doesn't show Facebook connection

I've been using the same Spotify account for a while now. It was created by connecting Spotify to my facebook account. It was all fine until at some point recently all information disappeared from all my Spotify apps just to be replaced by a number. My picture and info is still shown as normal on the account overview page but on both my phone and PC, the app doesn't show anything apart from a long number, nor am I able to search for any of my Facebook friends. I have looked around and haven't been able to do anything about it so far. I tried disconnecting the account from facebook, relogging numerous times, along with checking my privacy settings to make sure that everything that needs to be shared is shared.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Akrur and @zoesalvucci,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

That should do the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yes! I've been having that same exact problem. I emailed support and they told me I must have deactivated my Facebook account, which I did not, and just now I tried logging out then logging back in through Facebook and it let me in, so the accounts are definitely still linked. I just want my name back, this shouldn't be that hard haha.

Marked as solution

Hey @Akrur and @zoesalvucci,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

That should do the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I did that just before writing the post, must have taken a moment to go into effect as it's now working perfectly 

Hey @Akrur.

Glad to hear it's all working now!

@zoesalvucci - could you let us know if you were able to solve this with the solution above?

Thanks 🙂

Yes, this worked for me as well! Thank you!

Suggested posts