Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook disconnecting, profile disappearing, overall complete mess.

Facebook disconnecting, profile disappearing, overall complete mess.

Plan

Free (im broke)

Country

New Zealand

Device

Acer laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have numerous issues, so I'm going to list them.

1. Due to the childhood username that I created (as I'm sure many of us did), I wanted to create an entirely new account and start from scratch. I made my playlists public on my old account (okayitscora) so that I could easily find specific playlists on my new account (elysium). However, a search of my username turned up nothing. Neither did a search of any of my playlist names; its as if my account vanished the moment I logged out of it. However, I can still log back in and switch between accounts.

2. I also can't seem to log into my new account (elysium) with my username, it tells me that either the username or the password is wrong. When I do so with my email address, it works perfectly, and I know that I'm not just mis-spelling it.

3. No matter which account I'm on, my Facebook continues to disconnect. Up the top, where my user name is (and should display my Facebook name when it's connected), it does not show my Facebook name at all yet it claims in the settings to still be connected.

4. Tying into my third question, on my new account (elysium, missing my Facebook name) I could find friends with Facebook fine (the only thing it could do, really) and yet when I tried the same thing with the other account, it told me that I had 0 Facebook friends online. When I had three currently listening to music in the sidebar. And I have over 70 Facebook friends using spotify.

Can someone please help me sort out this issue? It was supposed to be easy, only now it's just past two in the morning and I'm ready to either scream or cry.

Screenshot (305).png
Screenshot (306).png
Screenshot (307).png
1 Reply

I'm literally in tears at this point; I've even uninstalled and re-installed spotify. On my old account, I'm trying to search the username of a friend of mine that i know is correct because I'm staring at it and it still won't work. I'm honestly ridiculously close to being done with Spotify all together because this is ridiculous, I should not have to jump through flaming hoops just to do something which should be so simple.

Suggested posts