Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook disconnects ?

Facebook disconnects ?

I'm somewhat at my wits end with this, since I've tried to connect a new Facebook with my Spotify for several months by now, and if memory serves me right, also contacted Support with help about it before. I will try to sum it up as clear as I can, and hopefully someone may have ran into the same problem as me?

From what I see (unless I'm mistaken), I first made a Spotify account before connecting an old Facebook account (that is no longer in use and disconnected). Eventually, I made a new Facebook and moved to using that one instead, ditching the old one. My issue is, no matter how many times I attempt to connect this new Facebook to my Spotify, it'll eventually disconnect on it's own? Or does not stay connected.

Even after choosing to connect to Facebook from the desktop app (and web browser, I've tried to as well), it won't show my Facebook name or profile picture. I've left the Facebook connecting alone for several days before, considering it may take a bit of time to sync it with Spotify. But it never updates the info or picture, in fact, Facebook just shows up as not connected the next time I sign in.

I'm unsure what the actual issue is, that is causing this? I would really love to find out, and also if there is a way to fix it. I'd like to avoid making a brand new account, unless that is really the only option I have. If that is the case, and I contact support to move my playlists, will they still be editable on my new account (if I have to make one)?

1 Reply

Hi there @NikkiAmarati,

thanks for posting !

Before i start, disconnecting an old FB account and reconnecting a new one to the same used account is a common issue among users.

What happens is that your first account gets all the permissions needed and upon disconnecting it you need to allow it again.

Note: I strongly recommend checking out this Spotify Answer and connecting your new FB to the new account.

However, we can try shaking things up a bit by :

- Visiting your account overview at Spotify.com

- Click "Sign out everywhere"

- Scroll down and find the "Privacy" tab on your left menu

- Make sure the "Process my FB data" tab is on

- If it's on, turn it off and back on

Let me know what you think 🙂 

Suggested posts