Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook email changed, but Spotify didn't

Facebook email changed, but Spotify didn't

Hello!

So a few months ago I created a new google account and deleted the previous one, migrating everything from one to another, including Facebook. I, foolishly, thought that would be no problem.

And there wasn't. Until today.

I was trying to delete my Spotify account, to start a new one, but it seems like I couldn't shut it down. Why? Because I created it with Facebook and, although I changed my email on Facebok, Spotify didn't and shows me my last email, which I don't have access to.

I really need Spotify to fix this. I tried to use their contact form to talk to their experts, but it said they would answer me to my old email! I can't even recover that account.

What should I do?

TL;DR: basically Spotify didn't update my email, since I've changed it on Facebook.

1 Reply

Hey @goncalofgl! Help's at hand.

Because you don't have access to the old email address anymore, we'd recommend getting in contact with us by tweeting our support handle.

We'll be able to help you out further by changing your account's email address, or we could move any playlists, saved music, and followers over to a new account.

Let us know how you get on!

Suggested posts