Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook friends are only numbers and no profile photo

Solved!

Facebook friends are only numbers and no profile photo

Hi Support,

I use Facebook with Spotify Premium in combination with a HTTPS proxy. With the proxy Facebook website isn't blocked in the web-browser, however in Spotify I only see numbers and no profile photo from FB.

It's like the proxy settings are not applied in the Facebook integration part of the Spotify code. I'm not the only person who suffers from this bug, here you can read similar & same issues with regard to this bug:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Username-on-Spotify/m-p/76359/highlight/t...

It's really irritating bug, because I need to couple the numbers to a person in my head and remember it that way. Please Spotify, give this bug at least some priority.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Melroy van den Berg

28 Replies

Same here, this has always been, and continues to be a problem for me.

Happens to me with and without proxy.

I see that more people suffering from this issue about having no names but Facebook ID's instead. Can you give me an update about whether or not this problem is passed to the developers of Spotify. And/or if they will investigate the problem described in this topic.

What can users (like I) do to help you the developers? To solve this issue as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance!

You got it, @Dangerous!

If folks are experiencing this without using a proxy or being connected to a work network, I'll need to escalate this. I'll go ahead and flag this and get back to you once I have an update. 

Marked as solution

I'm just following a hunch and some due dilligence but would you mind answering these questions?

1. What version of Spotify are you using? (i.e. 0.8.8.)
  2. What operating system are you using? (i.e. OSX, Windows)
  3. What web security software are you using on your computer?

Marked as solution

Hi Rorey,

In my case, however other people should also reply on your post.

1. 0.8.8.450 (just updated)
  2. Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit SP1
  3. McAfee Agent (v.4.6), McAfee Host Intrusion Prevation (v7.0.0) and McAfee VirusScan Enterpise + AntiSpyware Enterprise (v.8.8.0)

However with the new update, the issue of Facebook is fixed!

Thank you very much it is solved completly!

Ps.

Too bad I can't see the year of release of a song with the new version of Spotify, nor in the playlist (I can only see when I added it). And I need to search into a albums to find the release year of the songs. However it is another issue and is not linked to this issue.

Kind regards,

Melroy van den Berg

hello, this is pupulv, my first day here.

My facebook account name is  Annabel Hou, look forward to find some friends. 

Well, maybe a brief self-introduction maybe better for knowing each other.
Annabel HOU, love to capture videos with phone and make them into videos with mp4 editor. I also love to do photography and do portrait photoshop like experts. lol, actually I'm not good at it, just can't stop doing it.

Now, anybody willing to make friends?

Is PhotoShop the best photo editing software?

This just happened to my photo in the last 24hours. It's really annoying and disappointing. My name also switched form my real name to a user name. 😞 😞 😞

Marked as solution

@electraflux wrote:

This just happened to my photo in the last 24hours. It's really annoying and disappointing. My name also switched form my real name to a user name. 😞 😞 😞

Hey @electraflux 🙂 

Is your Spotify username "electraflux"?

If so, I can confirm your account is connected to Facebook and is showing your real name and profile picture. It is possible Spotify simply had some issues connecting to Facebook when you most recently opened your client - if that is the case you should find it corrects itself with a little time (normally 24 hours).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter - Appreciate the reply and yes all is well. Heart Spotify  - a total junkie. I'm happy you guys really respond to inquiries. Cheers.

www.twitter.com/electraflux

www.instagram.com/electraflux

Suggested posts