Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook issues - Able to log in through FB, but Spotify says I'm still not connected

Facebook issues - Able to log in through FB, but Spotify says I'm still not connected

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify (on both desktop and mobile) seems to think that my Facebook account is not connected. When I click the option to connect, however, nothing happens. This all happened after I disconnected my Facebook account and then tried to reconnect. It has now been several days since I first tried to reconnect.

In the pictures provided, you can see that Spotify still gives me the option to connect to Facebook, but when I click them, nothing happens. I'm already able to log in using my Facebook credentials, and my profile picture has updated to match the one on my Facebook profile. I cannot, however, view my friends list, and my username has yet to update.

spotifyhelp_01.jpg
spotifyhelp_02.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for writing!

In this case, our best recommendation would be to reinstall the app with the steps you'll find here. By doing this, you'll be removing all stored cache from Spotify on your computer and allowing the app to have a fresh start, since it's possible that the cache from when you disconnected your Facebook profile from your account is still showing and hasn't updated properly.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

I've already tried uninstalling twice. It didn't work.

Hey @user-removed!

Let's try heading to your Facebook profile's Settings > Apps > Spotify, and remove it. Once it's removed, head back to Spotify and try linking the accounts together from scratch.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts