Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook linked by accident

Facebook linked by accident

Hi!
I accidently facebook linked my business' spotify user to my facebook account which was already linked to my personal account.
I unlinked immediately but now I can't access the old account - it just says wrong password or username, and i can't reset the password (it says it's facebooks password i should use). I'm confused!

Follow me
3 Replies

@_antiphonics

Try to use your email address you use for fb as username and your fb password to enter your account  directly, without using fb's login system.

See if that way it let's you in.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, but I already tried that with no luck - also tried using the number that is the username itself...

Follow me

@_antiphonics

Facebook's login system is very unreliable. 😕

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from a no-reply address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for facebook (past or present). That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on facebook anymore.

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your facebook again, but now you won't have to rely in the facebook login process, since you'll have your very own Spotify username.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts