Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook login

Facebook login

Hi there, on Friday night (2nd December) I logged into my Spotify account from a stranger's browser on a computer. I did not log out. At many points on Saturday 3rd December, I received notifications from Facebook that someone had logged into my Facebook acocunt through Spotify (this was not me). I was wondering whether it is possible to access everything on someone's Facebook account (Messenger, particularly) through Spotify, or if you need to enter the Facebook login details again to access Facebook through Spotify. The answer seems obvious however I have had different results using different browsers. 

Thank you kindly,

A Very Concerned Facebook User.

3 Replies

Hey, @tessabelle77 -

No, others don't have access to your Facebook account unless you've also logged-in to Facebook on their PC; However on Spotify they'd be able to see your Playlists, Account profile, etc.

Also for safety- To deny access of others on your Spotify account, you can log out of every devices on Spotify and log in again only on your device. Go to your account page; and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE. This will do the trick 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Saved.png

Thank you for your response.

You said that on Spotify, the person logged in to my Spotify account would be able to see my Playlists, Account Profile, etc. but wouldn't be able to access my Facebook account. However, it seems that when I log into Spotify on a new computer, I can click the Facebook icon and I am taken directly to my Facebook page, where I can access everything including Messenger. Is this unusual? Sorry to be so detailed, I just really need to know whether someone accessed my Messenger through my Spotify account last weekened. Thank you kindly!

Hey, @tessabelle77 -

Sorry for the late reply;

Looks like after you logged into the stranger's PC, they’ve got a Facebook login token on their web browser. This lets you to log into your Facebook account directly; You could ask them to clear their cookies and cache related with facebook.com- and open Facebook through Spotify again. If this is hard, you can log out from Facebook following the steps here: https://www.facebook.com/help/211990645501187

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts