Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook profile picture and name does not show after connecting to Facebook?

Facebook profile picture and name does not show after connecting to Facebook?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Desktop

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I made a normal Spotify account some time ago and I finally decided to connect to Facebook but my new profile pic and name won't show up? I heard it takes some time for the server to know but a few days passed and it still didn't change?

9 Replies

Hey @Noah28

Check this thread for possible solutions:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Connected-to-facebook-not-changing-my-username/m-p/4556815

It's mentioned that 'it shouldn't take more than 48 hours before your Display name get updated to your Facebook name. You might also have to log out from the app until you see the sign-in form, then log back in from there.'

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried everything you suggested and it still doesn't show.

Hey @Noah28,

Is it still not working for your? If not, try logging out and then back in by choosing Log in with Facebook and entering your Facebook credentials. 

If that doesn't change anything, we suggest that you go through this help article to check for other accounts you might've connected Facebook with. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I checked all emails except the one I use and none of them is linked to a Spotify account.

Hey @Noah28.

Thanks for trying that for us.

Could we ask you to try unlinking your account from Facebook and then reconnecting it again? Just follow these steps on a computer:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2. Click in the top-right corner of the app.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
  5. Click CONNECT TO FACEBOOK.
  6. Enter your correct Facebook details and click Log In.

You might have to wait 24 hours for everything to sync up, but let us know how it goes!

P

Nope... tried and didn't work.

Hey @Noah28.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Does this mean that you were able to use the Disconnect from facebook button after which you could use the Connect to Facebook button? Because that means that you did have your Facebook profile connected to your Spotify account, but for some reason the connection was not in working order.

If it's still not working, try to disconnect again and then go to your Facebook settings here where you can remove Spotify from the list of apps. Now wait 48 hours and try to connect with Facebook again, perhaps through a different device, just to be on the safe side.

We hope that does the trick. Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I tried connecting through my phone this time and waited for 48 hours, still doesn't work. Can this have anything to do with me making a Spotify facebook account a long time ago which I deleted?

Hey @Noah28.

If you say that you deleted the old account you created with your Facebook profile, then it should not be an issue.

We'd like to find out if something is wrong with your account. Could you try to create a new account with Facebook, or a regular account which you link with your Facebook?

If that works, we suggest you use your new account. No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:     spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account first. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts