Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Failed to connect your spotify account to discord

Failed to connect your spotify account to discord

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

Acer Aspire

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I had Spotify connected to Discord but it wasn't displaying what music I was playing, so I disconnected them and then tried to reconnect. Now I keep getting the message "Failed to connect your Spotify account to Discord." I'm not sure what to do 😞

13 Replies

Hi,

Your problem looks similar to this one

Discord connect issue

Others use the web version  which seems to work. Does this work for you?

Regards,

René 

That did not work but I noticed something about the word "playing" in the
URL when I clicked to connect the accounts. I paused the tunes I had
playing and it connected just fine.

I'm having the same issue, haven't yet found a solution that has fixed it. I've tried everything from the other posts as well. Does anyone know anything else that might work?

Hi @Bunni,

What is exactly your problem? You can't connect or you can connect but others don't see the music you are playing?

Regards,

René

Whenever I try to connect, I get an error that says "Failed to connect your Spotify account to Discord"

I've tried connecting through both the Discord app and the web browser, both give the same error

Ok, I tried the same and for me it works. I use the app, choose connections, then add, then spotify, then I don't have to logon, apparently it knows I'm logged on to spotify already, even when I close the app. Not sure how this works. It looks like it's redirected to the browser (in the app).

You could try the following. Close the discord app. Open the browser and navigate to spotify. If you are prompted to log on, do so. Now open the discord app and connect to spotify again. It should see that you are logged on already, you will get a question from spotify if you mind sharing information with discord.

Regards,

René

I tried this and got the pop up to allow access for Discord, but when I accepted agree, it gave me the same "Failed to connect" error. It's strange, because if I go to my approved applications setting in Spotify in the web browser, Discord is listed there as an app that has access to Spotify. But it still wont connect for some reason and won't show up in my Discord connections.

Having the same problem and nothing works.

I swapped from Pandora One a while ago, but I'm starting to consider switching back.  Spotify has been nothing but a headache, and doesn't have the same logic that Pandora's radio stations do.

The amount of troubleshooting i've done with this app so far isn't worth the social media integration it  "boasts"

Hi,

If you see it on spotify it only means you passed the first step, it goes wrong after this step.

I had more or less the same, I tried a few times and now it look ok:Screenshot_20190912-085223_Discord.jpg

Regards,

René

It doesn't show up in my Discord connections list at all.

Ok, so I somehow managed to make it work, though I'm not entirely sure where the problem was. I'll try to list what I did step by step incase it might help someone else.

I logged out and uninstalled the Spotify app. I have both regular Discord and the DiscordPTB, so I logged out of both and closed them completely (I didn't uninstall them). I closed all other applications that might be associated with Discord integration (Battlenet, Steam, etc.) and also made sure I wasn't logged in on the web browser.

I wanted to see if something was wrong with either my Disc or Spotify accounts, so I created a quick throwaway email and made new accounts for both, verified them, and they were able to connect just fine through Chrome. Even though my original Disc and Spotify accounts were verified, I figured there might be a problem there so I re-verified both of them, tried to connect them again through Chrome, and it worked.

Hopefully this helps.

Hi @Bunni,

Good to hear that it works finnaly. Thank you very much for reporting how you fixed this, this will help others too.

Good job!

Regards,

René

Hi @Krundle949,

The concept of pandora is different from spotify. There are different people with different needs and everybody should choice the platform which fits them best. Some people even combine platforms.

Sorry to hear you have problems with spotify. Can you please create seperate topics for these issues in the help section? Most of the times these issues can be fixed easily.

Regards,

René

Suggested posts