Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Failed to enable spotify social. (Undeleted Facebook)

Solved!

Failed to enable spotify social. (Undeleted Facebook)

I am getting an error message each time I log onto spotify saying 'failed to enable spotify social'

I still have facebook and it's annoying me because I can't what my friends have listened to, my public profile and people cannot see what I am listening to on facebook, please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hurm.. Idk what more I can suggest mate ... 😕 I would've tried uninstalling, deleting all files/folders related to spotify, restart the computer BEFORE reinstalling. And if that doesn't work... then I seriously am out of ideas. Sry for not being of more help 😕

View solution in original post

14 Replies

i'm also having to same problem and apparently you have to disconnect and reconnect your account to facebook but i have no idea how to. if anyone has any ideas please help!

When I also try enabling it manually through spotify.com, the webpage loads for a while and it then says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

Same error here. And the "disconnect from facebook" button is not working. Pressing it like crazy, nothing happens. at all! Have searched some, and it seems it's a problem they have had before. They recommend you to uninstall spotify, remove all folders related to spotify and reinstall. 

Same Issue. Cant manually reconnect as the site returns an error in chrome and firefox. Failed to enable spotify social still popping up. strangely i havent even closed spotify and my PC has been on overnight and since then the error has happened so im assuming its a server side problem.

I have just completely removed everything associated with spotify on my computer and reinstalled it, still not working.

Was what I thought as well, maybe they pushed an update to the servers and not to the users? Hotfix or smth maybe? Now I can see what people are listening to, but still get the error. Strange and annoying. Spotify needs a "live chat help" or "call support"...

Well, now when I start it up, it still can't enable spotify social and a pop up window appears saying welcome to spotify, the button I am supposed to press doesn't stop buffering (waited for 5 minutes) and I have to press the cross on the pop up window, which logs me out of spotify.

Completely uninstalled spotify and reinstalled and its working now, thank you !

Well that is new... I'm not sure I get what window is popping up... but that must be annoying. tried to restart the computer/mac?

Yes, I have tried pretty much everything, the pop up window occasionally appears now but when it does, It automatically logs me back out when I close the window.

Marked as solution

Hurm.. Idk what more I can suggest mate ... 😕 I would've tried uninstalling, deleting all files/folders related to spotify, restart the computer BEFORE reinstalling. And if that doesn't work... then I seriously am out of ideas. Sry for not being of more help 😕

I've uninstalled it, reset my computer and reinstalled it, it now works, thank-you.

just fixed itself for me. guess they sorted it.

Great! 😄 No problem 🙂 Just glad something worked haha xD

Yeah lets hope they fixed it. One of my friends had the same problem and it also resolved itself. 🙂

Suggested posts