Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

False Advertising Regarding Trial Subscription

Solved!

False Advertising Regarding Trial Subscription

I accepted an offer to try out the Premium service for free for 7 days. This is now my 2nd day during that time frame. Right after I began using this free trial (yesterday), I received an email from Spotify offering to extend this free trial another 30 days. I agreed to the terms, and specifically recall agreeing to their terms that my credit card would not be charged until sometime in November (next month) of 2016.

Then I finished signing up for this addition of free Premium Trial time, and am now being informed that my credit card will actually be charged after the 7 day trial.

This was not what I agreed to. This is false advertising (actually, it is a very obvious example of a technique known as 'bait-and-switch').

They need to fix this within the next 5 days.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Nighthawk423

Of course! You can use the contact form here by following the right steps till you see the Spotify green button "I still need help". Keep in mind that after you've sent it, if you receive an automated reply directing you back to the help pages (or the community), you'll need to reply to that email, even if it's a no-reply!

Hope this helped some more 🙂

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello there @Nighthawk423, welcome to the community!

That sounds odd. Have you had previously tried Premium (or a trial) in that credit card? You should get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff so that they can take a look behind the scenes for you by sending them a tweet or DM on their twitter handle @SpotifyCares. They usually get back very fast, within 24-48 hours 🙂

Hope this helps!

K

Hi Kate,
Thanks for the reply, but I don't really use twitter 😐🤔

Is there a way to email them instead?
Marked as solution

@Nighthawk423

Of course! You can use the contact form here by following the right steps till you see the Spotify green button "I still need help". Keep in mind that after you've sent it, if you receive an automated reply directing you back to the help pages (or the community), you'll need to reply to that email, even if it's a no-reply!

Hope this helped some more 🙂

K

Thanks Kate 😀😄😊

@Nighthawk423 No problem, let me know if you have more questions 🙂

K

Suggested posts