Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

False Reporting/Abuse even when Playlist Secret

False Reporting/Abuse even when Playlist Secret

Made a playlist about a piece of media four years ago. I had tried looking for one that I liked but didn't find one so I made it myself. Thought I'd spread the joy by making it my only public playlist, just in case anyone wanted to follow it. 

Fast forward to now. Someone reported my playlist on November for the first time ever. I thought it was a glitch or something but things have escalated during the past few days and now it happens as soon as I fix my title, description and image. If I have time and try to fight back, it keeps happening every 10mins at the least. I have tried contacting Spotify on all available platforms, they are not helping.

I've now found a few playlists newer than mine with eerily identical names and songs in the same order. Of course, with Spotify, there's no way to contact them. And, of course, with Spotify, I can't block them either. So I caved in and made the playlist secret. And what do you know, it was STILL reported! So now I can't have the title be what I want even in private??? This feels very invasive.

While I am happy that some 4 000 people enjoy my playlist and follow it, this has never been anout getting popular. That's why I have no problem staying secret, as happy as I was keeping the playlist public.

I just want this to stop. Any ideas?

13 Replies

Hey there @elseomena,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

Can you send us the URI of the playlist and make it public so we can take a closer look?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, Jeremy!

A little update since my last post: Spotify finally reached out to me and informed me that the account abusing the report button had been disabled. Things were well for almost a full 24 hours, but now they're at it again. In between these events, mistakenly thinking the problem had been solved, I made my playlist public again. Since then, it has been reported four times but only because I haven't been keeping an eye on it and therefore haven't been fixing it.

The playlist should be titled 'Life Is Strange: The Complete Soundtrack'

Edit: I removed the link provided here as I noticed I have been gaining followers even after making my playlist secret again. I'm not sure how that's possible but fear that these could be fake accounts or bots (although I genuinely struggle to understand why anyone would want to go through so much trouble for this???) which can then report the playlist while it's hidden.

Hello. I have a similar problem. One of my playlists is still reported as inappropriate. Some time ago I got a reply from SPOTIFY that it was a mistake, but the situation repeats itself. I wrote to SPOTIFY many times about this, but always got a reply from the autoresponder. Please help, SPOTIFY I want to block my account and I didn't do anything wrong

Hey there @Lukas40

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you send over the link to this playlist that has been reported? 

We'll see what we can suggest.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you very much for your answer.
Sorry for my english, i use translator. I'm from Poland.

Link to my playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/798LTVdRchOpZtJro7NcGf

Currently I have made the playlist unlisted. Today I got an email from
Spotify saying that I won't be able to post on my account.
I received a lot of notifications that the playlist was inappropriate,
but in my opinion it complies with the rules. I used the following
title:

CLUB MIX 2021 - DANCE PARTY - DANCEFLOOR & HANDS UP HITS 2021 - TECHNO CLUB

and I don't understand what's wrong with that ??? there are many
playlists with similar titles. As covers, I used an image that I made
in GIMP. Only the background and the inscription CLUB MIX PARTY. and
that's all .

I have asked many times to indicate what is wrong, but I have not
received any specific answer.

I am asking for help, I am afraid that SPOTIFI will impose
restrictions on my account or remove them, and I would not like that.

Greetings! and I'm waiting for an answer

Unfortunately Today, SPOTIFY blocked my account :(( All because of FALSE Reporting.
Please help with this!

Hey @Lukas40

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We'd recommend taking a look at this article in order to check the guidelines for content in the app. 

If your playlist followed those and your account has been disabled in error, you can find more info here on how to get in touch with our Support team for further help. 

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator

unfortunately I did not receive any help. You keep sending reply templates. I know all these articles and guidelines, and my playlist complies with them. I still don't understand why I was banned. I am waiting for a response from the support

Hi again @Lukas40

Thanks for your reply. 

We understand where you're coming from. However, we'd recommend waiting for a reply from our Support team so they can carry on with the help. 

Have a good one 🙂 

NovyModerator

Ok I'm waiting. Hopefully it won't be a machine but a real human (Spotify support team), and he'll analyze my problem.

Having lots of false report here, so annyoing. Spotify does not seem to care, hope this is over soon.

I have the exact Problem. I made a playlist for Life is Strange True Colors. I was the first to do a playlist for the new game and now it gets reported everytime. I think that the life is strange community on spotify is very toxic xD

I did contact support. They were nice sure. But they were far from helpful at all, unfortunately. Maybe you should hire me instead. I'd do a good job of keeping your customers happy. I'm already a data center technician while studying IT and I get charged with helping people actually resolve their issues. I'll try my hand again with support but looking at how many people have this issue... my hopes aren't very high.

Suggested posts