Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Account Invite Not working

Family Account Invite Not working

Hello,

I just upgraded my premium account to a family account. I invited my fiancee, who I live with, via email. She recieved the email, and did everything and it just kept popping up with 'Something went wrong'. I took her off the account then re-invited her, same thing happened. Is there something wrong currently with the site? she had a free account already, it just kept having some error with no explanation. 

27 Replies

Hi there,

Sorry to see you're having issues adding your family members to the plan.

Can you try clearing your browser's cache/cookies and refreshing? Does that help at all?

Accepting the invite in a different web browser or within an incognito window should help, too!

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi,

still the same issue. I can send u all the details if needed.

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 20.33.47.png

Hey!

Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for providing that screenshot for us 🙂 

I've had a peek at your account, you have activated the Premium for Family plan. I can also see you have 1 invite pending.

Can you get your family member to open a new web browser and open the following link: http://spotify.com/family/redeem ?

Can they then enter the code they got from your email invitation? 

It should work successfully this time 🙂 Let me know how it goes.

I'm having the same issue, my family is  not getting the invitation by mail and the invitation by link is no longer ther what can I do?

I already had them in my account and out of the blue 3 of them were removed and didn't get any notification.

I realized that the mails i had there and if I send the invitation to those same mails they do not get the invitation but they can get to another mail.

Can you help me?

Same problem. Invite mail is not received..

I don't get the e-mail for the invites.
Its realy frustraiting me😡

Having a problem also inviting my husband to my Premium Family account. It says invite pending but he never received the email. I don't see a token or invite code anywhere either. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 2.30.59 PM.png

Ditto, my wife bought Spotify premium for the family...my son uses it but her invites to other family members do not show up in e-mail, and of course there's no way to contact Spotify to get help. Crappy customer experience and interface. Will check back here later to see if anyone from Spotify makes an effort.

Hi the email invitation is not working I will cancel my subscription and use something else, this family premium option is just a scam

It works. You just need to chat with Support to get them to send the invites.

I'm not sure needing to contact Spotify in order to get them to intercede
in their process means that the process "works". I did contact them through
chat and they still can't get it going...looks like I'm not the only one
having this problem.

Where can i chat whit support i havent found any way to contact them

Chatted with support myself. we troubleshooted the issue for a solid hour, and they were not able to address the issue. They added another ticket into their system to look into it.

They offered me a free month of Premium for my patience. Which they are also having problems with redeeming codes. No resolution and another ticket created.

In the end, I'm told to wait so that their developers can address this. Normally I wouldn't mind waiting, but the problem is, Spotify has no way of notifying me when the fix is done. Could be days, could be a week. Just keep checking, basically.

Weird. I tweeted at them with the problem and they asked me for the 3
associated email addresses in the plan. Later that day they fixed the
problem.

Hi

Where do you actually put the code to redeem?

Thanks

Hi, please help, none of the solutions worked for me. It's all really frustrating.

Just had the same, over 40 minutes to chat could not resolve; try in private browser; send us page info; try this direct link; try sending the link again, 3 times; blah blah. None of it works, such poor technology! Waste of time, will cancel family tomorrow and try another service.

I signed up for a family account and the email I sent an invite to is not receiving the invite. I have sent it multiple times and it still isn't showing up. I know 100% that the email is correct. Why is the email not showing up? Thanks

Hi I'm having the same issue...nobody I invited was able to redeem the code. Just got a message saying "Oops something went wrong"

Can you sort this out please or should I just cancel it?

Suggested posts