Family Account Invite Not working

Family Account Invite Not working

KtheMagnificent
Casual Listener

Hello,

I just upgraded my premium account to a family account. I invited my fiancee, who I live with, via email. She recieved the email, and did everything and it just kept popping up with 'Something went wrong'. I took her off the account then re-invited her, same thing happened. Is there something wrong currently with the site? she had a free account already, it just kept having some error with no explanation. 

27 Replies

Re: Family Account Invite Not working

MaryS
Roadie

Hi there,

Sorry to see you're having issues adding your family members to the plan.

Can you try clearing your browser's cache/cookies and refreshing? Does that help at all?

Accepting the invite in a different web browser or within an incognito window should help, too!

Keep us posted :)

webjaros

Hi,

still the same issue. I can send u all the details if needed.

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 20.33.47.png

MaryS
Roadie

Hey!

Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for providing that screenshot for us :) 

I've had a peek at your account, you have activated the Premium for Family plan. I can also see you have 1 invite pending.

Can you get your family member to open a new web browser and open the following link: http://spotify.com/family/redeem ?

Can they then enter the code they got from your email invitation? 

It should work successfully this time :) Let me know how it goes.

cesar_amaro
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue, my family is  not getting the invitation by mail and the invitation by link is no longer ther what can I do?

I already had them in my account and out of the blue 3 of them were removed and didn't get any notification.

I realized that the mails i had there and if I send the invitation to those same mails they do not get the invitation but they can get to another mail.

Can you help me?

Morbus
Casual Listener

Same problem. Invite mail is not received..

Jehdbdd
I don't get the e-mail for the invites.
Its realy frustraiting me😡

jwu004
Casual Listener

Having a problem also inviting my husband to my Premium Family account. It says invite pending but he never received the email. I don't see a token or invite code anywhere either. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 2.30.59 PM.png

jkg3
Casual Listener

Ditto, my wife bought Spotify premium for the family...my son uses it but her invites to other family members do not show up in e-mail, and of course there's no way to contact Spotify to get help. Crappy customer experience and interface. Will check back here later to see if anyone from Spotify makes an effort.

FabsVALTIS
Casual Listener

Hi the email invitation is not working I will cancel my subscription and use something else, this family premium option is just a scam

SUGGESTED POSTS