Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Account login error: "Please try again later"

Solved!

Family Account login error: "Please try again later"

Hi Spotify community

I can't get a link from a Premium Family account to work on any of my devices (MacBook Pro 2021, iPhone X Pro). I'm currently on a Premium Duo, but want to change to the Family one.

So, I get the link, login to my profile, add the address and then I keep getting this message: 

There was a problem
Please try again later.

Any help how to solve this will be great, thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @EAsmussen,

It's possible that the link you were sent has expired, so feel free to ask the plan manager to send you a new invite from their Family page. In case you still get the same error message, it's worth trying out the following:

• Open the link in an incognito/private window of your web browser or on another device.
  • Connect to a different Wifi network / try with cellular data instead.
  • If you’re joining Family on the same device the plan manager used to invite you, make sure they’ve logged out of their Family page first.

Since you mentioned that you're currently on Premium Duo, could you check if you still have a member in the plan? If you do, then perhaps that's what's preventing you from making the switch as the member's account is still active. It's worth removing them from the plan by logging in on your Duo page to see if that does the trick. If it doesn't, you can try cancelling your subscription instead.

If you're looking for further assistance, it's recommended you reach out to the folks over at Customer Support as they can take a direct look into your account, guide you through the process above as well as provide you with more information on the matter.

Hope you get this sorted out soon. The Community is always here if something else comes up in the meantime.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I had a duo membership which is ending on the 17/01. Because I become a member of my fathers family account. He sent me an email. but when I try to join it says: There was a problem. Please try again later.

I have no clue, why. We use the same address. What can it be?
Marked as solution

Hi there @EAsmussen,

It's possible that the link you were sent has expired, so feel free to ask the plan manager to send you a new invite from their Family page. In case you still get the same error message, it's worth trying out the following:

• Open the link in an incognito/private window of your web browser or on another device.
  • Connect to a different Wifi network / try with cellular data instead.
  • If you’re joining Family on the same device the plan manager used to invite you, make sure they’ve logged out of their Family page first.

Since you mentioned that you're currently on Premium Duo, could you check if you still have a member in the plan? If you do, then perhaps that's what's preventing you from making the switch as the member's account is still active. It's worth removing them from the plan by logging in on your Duo page to see if that does the trick. If it doesn't, you can try cancelling your subscription instead.

If you're looking for further assistance, it's recommended you reach out to the folks over at Customer Support as they can take a direct look into your account, guide you through the process above as well as provide you with more information on the matter.

Hope you get this sorted out soon. The Community is always here if something else comes up in the meantime.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts