Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Accounts Not Working on GoogleHome

Solved!

Family Accounts Not Working on GoogleHome

Plan

Premium/Family

Country

USA

Device

Google Home

My Issue

I`m trying to add multiple spotify family users to my music accounts in Google Home.  It works for me (primary account owner) and one family member (my wife).  When I try to add the other family members (children) I get as far as "connect Google to your spotify account", "you are logged in as *******.". 

I press Okay and then get directed to following URL:

https://clients3.google.com/cast/auth/3p/done?status=error, which is a blank page.  The only option is to press cancel.

I have attempted solutions in similar posts but nothing works, and I haven't seen any posts where anybody said there was a solution that solved their problem.

Any solutions that have worked for anyone else?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For anyone else with this problem, the solution turned out to be clearing the cache on my phone (the phone I was using to set up the Google Home account parameters/sign in to Spotify).

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there!

You should be able to link your Google and Spotify accounts from the Google Home app. Go to the "Account" section > set up or add > music and audio (under manage services) > Spotify.

Hope this helps and let me know how this goes!
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Jose, thanks for the response!  I am able to link my spotify for two of the accounts on my google home (we each have our own Google account, and separate accounts under a Spotify family plan).  I get this error when I try to add my kids (who also have their own Google account and separate accounts under a Spotify family plan).  I'm following the steps you outline, but getting the error message in my original post.

Hello there!

I'd recommend you try following these steps to see if this helps:

1. Open your Google app
  2. Click on the "More" tab
  3. Click on "Settings"
  4. Click on "Google assistant"
  5. Go to the "Services" tab
  6. Click on "Music"
  7. Click on "Spotify"

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend  you get in touch with Google Support to see if they can help you out.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

For anyone else with this problem, the solution turned out to be clearing the cache on my phone (the phone I was using to set up the Google Home account parameters/sign in to Spotify).

What cache did you clear on your phone? I cleared the cash for both the Google Home app and the Spotify app, but this didn't do the trick for me. I have a Google Home Mini, if that makes a difference, and I'm just trying to get it to where it's not always using my Spotify account. I'd like it to use one of the other accounts in our family plan.

At this point I don't remember exactly what I did to clear cache, I would try the steps in this article: https://www.lifewire.com/clear-iphone-cache-4178428

You also need to make sure you have voice match enabled on your Google home, and that the appropriate spotify account is tied to that voice.

Thanks for the info. It definitely had a lot to do with getting all family members to set themselves up with the Home app and voice match.

Suggested posts