Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Accunt International / Cross Country

Solved!

Family Accunt International / Cross Country

Hi guys,

I have a premium account and just moved my parents from iTunes to Spotify. I would like to move my premium account to a family account and add them.

Question is: I am working in the US (and singned up for premium in the US), they are in Germany. Does the family plan wotk international / cross country...music without borders and such?

Cheers, D

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello 🙂

At this moment in the time, Spotify Family must be used by users within the same country, you never know, this may be changed in the future!

I'm really sorry you couldn't get your parents on Spotify Family, have you thought about setting them up with the 30 day free trial? Or perhaps setting them up with Spotify Family?

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask ^.^

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

Got any questions you'd like me to answer directly? Send me a private message here in the forums ^.^

Has this solved your problem? Click

"Accept as solution"

to help people in the same situation as yourself.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello 🙂

At this moment in the time, Spotify Family must be used by users within the same country, you never know, this may be changed in the future!

I'm really sorry you couldn't get your parents on Spotify Family, have you thought about setting them up with the 30 day free trial? Or perhaps setting them up with Spotify Family?

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask ^.^

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

Got any questions you'd like me to answer directly? Send me a private message here in the forums ^.^

Has this solved your problem? Click

"Accept as solution"

to help people in the same situation as yourself.

Hi - I'm wondering if there has been any progress on international family plans since this original post in 2013. I am in the US but would like to share a plan with my family in Canada. Thanks!

I have the same question, my family lives in 3 different countries and while i understand that rights aren't the same for music everywhere, i dont see why a family account cannot be international.
Are there plans to change that ?
Thanks

My husband and I live in Germany together. I made a new Spotify account in Germany so we could use the family plan together. When I try and redeem it, it says we have to be in the same country. How do we fix this? I sent an email and have not received a response yet.

Hi i have premium account. I would like to share with my cousin in Austrailia. So she can listen without ads. Is this possible ? We are both non facebook users. But use messenger and viber

Hi Ashley, I have the same question. I have family in El Salvador and would like to share Spotify Family with them. Has there been any progress with this? Thanks! 

I live in the U.S. and i recently visited my family in Germany.....i was added to their family plan, but i had to register saying i lived with them....i am back in the U.S. and my spotify still works.......

Wow. Thats interesting. Thanks for passing that on

Suggested posts