Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Member Plan, different countries

Solved!

Family Member Plan, different countries

So, I just recently switched from Apple Music and I must say I was impressed with Spotify so I went and signed up with the Family. It'll be me (admin), my fiancée, and my two brothers. Only problem I'm having is that my brothers who are in the US aren't able to sign up. I recently moved Germany but I used my debit card that's from the US and it still says my account is DE. How can I change my account country? If I do change it to US, will it affect my account and my fiancée's (who is in Germany with me) Premium that we're currently getting under my family plan?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The fourteen days limit only applies to free plans. If you, your fiancée and your brother all have their country set to US, and are all under the family plan, you lot will all be able to listen without limits in other countries.

Follow me on Spotify

View solution in original post

5 Replies

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-settin...

Your fiancée will also need to do this in order to get them aboard the family plan as well. It only shows the country you're in, though, so you might need a VPN in order to be able to change it.

Follow me on Spotify

If I were to change it to USA, will the 14 days limit stop me from listening again? I'm worried that after 14 days it'll say he can't listent to it anymore.
Marked as solution

The fourteen days limit only applies to free plans. If you, your fiancée and your brother all have their country set to US, and are all under the family plan, you lot will all be able to listen without limits in other countries.

Follow me on Spotify

OH ok, thank you so much!

Welcome!

Follow me on Spotify

Suggested posts