Family Membership - Adding Users To Account

Solved!

Family Membership - Adding Users To Account

lachie101
Casual Listener

Hi There,

We've just signed up to the family subscription (spotify australia), and we can't seem to upgrade the other accounts. From the family manager's page, we can invite users which sends an email but we can't find anywhere to insert the invite code or upgrade as a family member. I followed the prompts in the email to "upgrade" but it asks for credit card details which shouldn't be neccasary as it's already paid for as a family subscription. Does anyone know how to add the other accounts or otherwise complete the process? 

Thanks,

Lachie

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Family Membership - Adding Users To Account

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @lachie101

Please follow the steps bellow and let me know if it helps:

INVITE A MEMBER

1. Go to your account page
  2. Click Premium for Family in the menu on the left.
  3. Select an Empty slot
  4. Click INVITE WITH LINK or enter the Spotify email address of the person you want to invite and click SEND INVITE.

A confirmation email will be sent when a new member is successfully added to the Premium for Family subscription. 

ACCEPT AN INVITE

To accept a Premium for Family invitation, open the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION

If you already have a Free or Spotify-created Premium account

• You’ll be redirected to a new browser that contains a pre-filled token. Click REDEEM

If you do not have a Spotify account

• You’ll be directed to create a Spotify Free account. 
  • After doing so, reopen the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION
  • You’ll be redirected to a new browser that contains a pre-filled token. Click REDEEM

If you have a pre-existing Premium account created through any other company other than Spotify

• Contact the company your Premium account was created through and cancel your existing subscription. 

BittencourtRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Solution!

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

You're welcome @emoticasso :)

BittencourtRock Star 21
45 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @lachie101

Please follow the steps bellow and let me know if it helps:

INVITE A MEMBER

1. Go to your account page
  2. Click Premium for Family in the menu on the left.
  3. Select an Empty slot
  4. Click INVITE WITH LINK or enter the Spotify email address of the person you want to invite and click SEND INVITE.

A confirmation email will be sent when a new member is successfully added to the Premium for Family subscription. 

ACCEPT AN INVITE

To accept a Premium for Family invitation, open the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION

If you already have a Free or Spotify-created Premium account

If you do not have a Spotify account

• You’ll be directed to create a Spotify Free account. 
  • After doing so, reopen the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION

If you have a pre-existing Premium account created through any other company other than Spotify

• Contact the company your Premium account was created through and cancel your existing subscription. 

BittencourtRock Star 21

lachie101
Casual Listener

Hey @bittencourt !

Thanks for helping out. Sadly, that wasn't exactly what I was looking for. We managed fine with inviting people to the system but we can't link the user accounts that are currently at "free" status to the family manager account. You wouldn't happen to have any tips on that would you? As I believe that I mentioned, when on a user account (free) and I go to "upgrade" in order to enter the invite code or something like that it's asking for CC details which I didn't think was needed. 

Thanks Again For Your Help!

Lachie

Nash-1982

Hi

Please I need to know how to add my family to my Spotify. I have signed up with the family member and have followed everything and still can't add nobody. Please help 

Thanks Nash

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @Nash-1982, thanks for writing!

Do you get any error messages? Could you give me more details so I can help you?

BittencourtRock Star 21
Highlighted

Ishcerise

Hi. I am also having trouble with my Premium for Family account. I just registered and I followed the first step but when I click "Premium for Family" on the menu on the left side, it only redirects to the main page/Account Overview which asks me to select an option again. Help please?

Screenshot_2017-10-17-10-17-44.png

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @Ishcerise, thanks for writing.

Can you please try again, this time using a desktop computer?

BittencourtRock Star 21

johnisrc

any help pls?

just got a premium for family account, followed the steps to add a family member, unfortunately unable to do so as it is just basically a blank page with no add icon.

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @johnisrc, thanks for writing!

Please try again, this time using different browsers in your computer and let me know if this helps :)

BittencourtRock Star 21

aliciaM

When Igo to add a family member it directs me to a page to input my address information. I type in my address and if keeps saying an unexpected error occured. I tried on my cell phone, and a desktop computer, and neither are working. I'd like to get this family plan up and running ASAP! 

Thanks

SUGGESTED POSTS