Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan Address Problem

Solved!

Family Plan Address Problem

My brother added me to the family plan. He lived with me and the other registrees at the time, but he's in the military and was sent to Korea to serve. I was listening one day and tried to play my usual songs, but I noticed the "Shuffle Play" prompt coming up. After checking my account status, it said that I was not on the plan anymore. I was wondering if there was any way that you kicked the account because of your address rule in the plan. Thank you, Benji Coleman.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Benjic1!

The only way to use Spotify Family, is by living at the same adress.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hello Benjic1,

I am sorry to see the issue you are having. More bad news is that you cannot solve this. The issue is Spotify states that all members of the family must reside in one house. 

It is stated here at the very top:

https://support.spotify.com/is/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

"Members of a Premium for Family subscription must reside at the same address."

I am very sorry to tell you this, but you cannot use premium anymore, unless, you reside with him, or he resides with you, or Spotify makes an exception. This probably would never happen, and on top of that faking the address is against their terms of service which makes his account voided most probably.

Your solution would be to purchase premium. Sorry in advance again.

Marked as solution

Hey @Benjic1!

The only way to use Spotify Family, is by living at the same adress.

Hi, I have a family plan, I try to add my two daughters, but when they receive the invitation, it says 'no matching address', but in any part of my suscription process I was asked the address...we do live in the same house. Please, advice, thanks,

Marco Vaccarezza.

Any answers? I'm having the same issue... My WIFE was at my Family Plan, but suddenly she was dropped of and when I try to add her again... "No matching address" error... =( Help!

Hi, no answer yet. Seems that only solution is cancelling the account, and
opening a new one....not really a clever solution.

I agree that's not a clever solution, but it worked. I tried it yesterday. Created another account to my wife and invited her to the family plan. Bingo!

Good night,

My daughter Eva is living with me, she has 14 years old and she can't connect to my Spotify Family plan 😞

She received my invitation, she accepted, she wrote our adress house but after it appears a message that it say that she have to demostrate that she's is a family member ??!!! HOW??????

If she can't connect i must be change another time my account for Premium 😞

Thank you for your comments.

Miriam CASES BARBERA from Spain

Hey, 

My wife bought the familiar plan. What´s on earth the right address format as we live togheter?????

Please, you´re playing with our money!

Well, I just wrote the same address and it worked for a time. Then I got that e-mail telling Spotify wasn't able to check her address, but I created another account, put the same address and it is working until now.

how can i add my family member if i cant even see what address i typed in 2 years ago?

Suggested posts