Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan: Cannot login in to main account. User/pass not recognized. Cannot open new account.

Family Plan: Cannot login in to main account. User/pass not recognized. Cannot open new account.

Plan

Family Plan

Country

US

Device/Operating Systems

All devices: iOS and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Had a family plan and the person who got notifications never saw that the card was expiring (messages were going to spam).  Now we cannot access the account at all throught the key login/paying account.  It will not let us reset the password since "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account." But then, when I try to register the account as a new account this comes up Spotify says that there is already a use name under that name.  How do we get access back tot he account so we do not lose all of our playlists?

Spotify.png
4 Replies

Hi @markfgalvin, thanks for writing.

I suggest you try using not only the username, but also the email adress registered when resetting the password. One of them should work!

Let me know how it goes 🙂 

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply...
Neither the user name nor the email worked.

Hey @markfgalvin,

That's odd. Anyway, the lack of payment doesn't stop you to log in. How many members are in the plan? Can any of them log in properly on their accounts?

For the user who can't, I suggest getting in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them.

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

When you message them, inform all the e-mail addresses on the plan.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have switched to a family plan but now cannot login. I canceled one month of single plan (at $9.99) because I was also being charged the family plan (at $12.99) for this respective month. I wonder if this caused a problem. It now does not recognize my email and does not send me a password reset link. How can I get access to the family plan – my daughter is on it as well as me.

Suggested posts