Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan Invites are sent but can't be activated

Family Plan Invites are sent but can't be activated

i upgraded my son's account to Family Premium.  When i enter a family members email address - the email is sent, but when you click on the link we get a message that says

"Cannot join premium for famil :(" and then says  "Sorry! You're already a member of this (or another) Family plan. Please click below to switch to the account that you want to join to the Family plan"  I have tried this on multiple emails - and they all results in the same error message - and never have been members.  How do we resolve this?

6 Replies

I have the same problem. Please help!

This is also happening to my family. When we try to cancel their non-working log-ins, it says the email is already in use (duh). Just a viscious cycle. 

Same problem, but worst, she was included in the plan, due to unknown reasons she received a confimation email saying that she was not in the same family and she was going to be expeled from Framily Premium, and she was. I am paying the Familly Bill just because of her, and she cannot use it..... plop.

I have the same problem. Can't activate any of the Family accounts!  

Having the same problem, told"...you're already a member..." but the person is not. The person being invited does have a free account. Does that matter ?

Hey @nash_higgins,

Try opening up an incognito browsing session and use this window to join Premium Family.

You're likely still logged in with the admin account which can't be used to accept the invitation.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have questions.

Suggested posts