Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan confirmation email code not working

Family Plan confirmation email code not working

I attempted to upgrade my premium account to family account to add my daughter. When she hits the confirmation link and code in email and uses the autopopulated code, we get error. Pretty frustrated with how convoluted the whole process is to start with coupled with the inabilty to contact customer support directly. End result is I am a few hours away from cancelling my account alltogether and going to another service. People trying to pay you MORE a month and getting frustrated and leaving seems crappy way to lose business!
22 Replies

Hello and welcome to community,

Have you tried to use another browser?
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

thanks. i will have her try. it is safari on her phone

I have the same exact problem and have tried Safari and Chrome, always with the same result. Paid for the family service almost a month ago and tried contacting Spotify directly, to no avail. This is the message that appears no matter what: "Aus irgendeinem Grund wird Dein Code nicht akzeptiert. Vielleicht bist Du bereits Premium Kunde. Oder es gibt einen technischer Fehler. Stell bitte sicher, dass Du Deinen Code richtig eingegeben hast und wende Dich an unseren Kundendienst, wenn das Problem weiterhin auftritt." No hint at what technical problem it might be and no answer from customer service, aside from an automated reply, that I received over 2 weeks ago. 

This is some bull**bleep** I just want to listen to spotify

I too am suffering from the same problem.  I have four other family members and none of them ever receive an email inviting them to use the account.  Trying to find a way to contact Spotify is even more frustrating.  I went to twitter as well.  I'm at a point of canceling my service.

Hi, I have the same issue. My sister has just paid for the family package and I was sent an email with a code and was told to enter her address to gain access to my account. However, when I entered the code and clicked the re-capcha box, a message came up saying the code did not work and to get in touch with customer service, which I think is an algorythm sending blanket emails out to all questions. I have contacted the commitinty and the thread is full of people with the same problem but no solution. Please can a customer service agent email me please or write back here. I do not want another automatic email telling me to find the solution myself. Thanks!

Same problem here. I sent a descriptive email via the "Contact Spotify" link ato the bottom of the page. If I don't get a timely resolution, I will cancel my account as well as my son's account, and we will seek musical entertainment elsewhere. There's too much competition in this market for Spotify to deliver poor customer service.

Well this is one of the most frustrating experiences that I've had with an internet company. They use their own customers to provide customer service and you still can't get an answer on how to make the service work that you are paying for.
Good bye Spotify.

same here. freaking "*!*!*!"!!

I had the same issue and used Microsoft Edge and it worked for me! Try using another browser like atom1989 suggested!

I'm A member of the Spotify family plan and when I invite my family they need to type in this family plan code. But I didn't get this family plan. How can I solve this problem?

I had the same problem... it is not a browser problem! and Spotify IS NOT HELPING us.. 😞

where is the solution or SUPPORT? I am about to cancel my spotify.

I too have the same problem.  Switching from Premium to Premium Family.  Obviously, we haven't done something right as it thinks we're still using Premium limiting us to three devices when we're trying to use four.  Online it says I'm paying for the Family yet limited to three devices.  I retry the email invite.  Found a bunch of the invites has gone to JUNK MAIL.  One problem solved.  Then when I try to REDEEM the code, it states that its invalid.  Resent the invite, and again its rejected as invalid.  

So here I am.  No method to contact Spotify directly.  No idea how to fix the problem.  Seems like I'm wasting my money and can't even ask for a credit.  I really enjoy Spotify but I'm definitely not benefitting from the extra expense of Family.  

I too had the same issue with trying to use IE 10.  I tried Chrome and it didn't work as it kept telling me something went wrong.  I even had my wife try it just make sure i didn't do something wrong.  Very frustrating for sure.  So i tried Edge and guess what it worked.  So i guess keep trying but it is very frustrating. 

Frustrating! And what can we expect of Spotify if the same problem happen for more than two years (and nobody answers)?

Captura de Tela 2017-10-18 às 5.50.32 PM.png

Same situation here again... I'm following the link on the email, filling the form, when I click on the submit bottom it shows up an Error Code 3.

Just for info I've a Facebook Account, I've tried with Chrome & Edge without success.

HELP!

Cattura.JPG

Hi I have the same problem I've been paying more for almost a year and I havent been able to invite anyone at home. Very upset. How can a company as Spotify cannot have support. And even wordt, have people complaining of the same problem and not fixing it.

Have you tried to phone them. Once I found their support phone line I was set up in a shirt period of time.

Same problem here.

I cannot believe that there is no costumer service.

If this is not fixed soon i will cancel my premium.

Suggested posts