Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Premium E-mail changed after receiving weird E-mail.

Solved!

Family Premium E-mail changed after receiving weird E-mail.

Hey everybody!

So, my Dad (who is a member of our Family Premium) received today an Arabic Email which contained a specific e-mail (*snip*). We first did not really worry about it, since my dad receives a lot of spam emails.

However, when he tried to open Spotify on his PC at home, he was asked to Sign In again, which was very weird as he never has to do that (login data saved).

So I looked up the status of our Family Premium and noticed that the email address of my dad's account suddenly changed into the specific email which was included in that strange mail, but everything was kept the same (name, etc.).

After noticing that I directly removed this user.

Thanks in advance for every help/reply.

weirdMailpng.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @NicolausRossi_

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contacting us here.

About your issue, I suggest that you remove your father user from your Family Plan immediately and change verify his current email address and if necessary change it and change his password, immediately and finally, disconnect to all devices. After conclude these steps, you can add your father to your Family again.

For more information, take a look on these following articles:

And remember how to protect your account.

Spotify never send emails asking for your password or email or any other sensible content.

Please keep me up-to-date about your issue. And if you need more information or have any other questions, please contact us here.

If you think my answer was useful for you, please give me a like and set it as solution.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @NicolausRossi_

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contacting us here.

About your issue, I suggest that you remove your father user from your Family Plan immediately and change verify his current email address and if necessary change it and change his password, immediately and finally, disconnect to all devices. After conclude these steps, you can add your father to your Family again.

For more information, take a look on these following articles:

And remember how to protect your account.

Spotify never send emails asking for your password or email or any other sensible content.

Please keep me up-to-date about your issue. And if you need more information or have any other questions, please contact us here.

If you think my answer was useful for you, please give me a like and set it as solution.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts