Family Premium multiple devices playing own music simultaneously

Solved!

Re: Family Premium multiple devices playing own music simultaneously

faid2blck
Casual Listener
I am a part of a family plan. But I'm unable to cue songs on my phone. It says thats a premium feature. Any help?
On the mac I don't have that problem

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @faid2blck

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your phone, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. :)

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

faid2blck
Casual Listener
Thank you so much! It helped!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. :)

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

dvsas

I have a different question. Before going forward to a family plan, I would like to make sure that we can all use the Connect function simultaneously, on different devices, with different music. 

So member A connects to speaker A with song A, while at the same time member B connects to speaker B with song B. Etcetera

Courtney_22

How do I see what songs they are listening to? 

peaceful25
Casual Listener

Yes, they can. Have the account owner send invites to the rest of the family members. Once he accepts the invites the family members can create new accounts using different usernames and e-mail addresses each. After that, just follow each other and you could all share your playlists with each other. 

Yermucker
Casual Listener

Right, i have premium for family, ive set up the separate accounts. My daughter got a google home for Xmas, when she is listening to her music, its still not letting me listen to mine. If i start mine, hers cuts off and vice versa. When she is listening on the google home and i open spotify on my pc, it shows its playing on her device. Both accounts have different emails, yet im still getting this problem. Not exactly great for 15 quid a month tbh. Any help would be appreciated.

peaceful25
Casual Listener

That sounds like something that would happen when both devices are under the same account. We have a total of five accounts on my family plan all playing at the same time on different devices with no issues at all at home. If both your accounts have different e-mails, usernames, and passwords you should not be having any issues playing them simultaneously at all. 

glenn568
Casual Listener

logging in with diifferent accounts does not solve this problem. i can only listen from one device at a time. which means there is not much point to the family subscription.

SUGGESTED POSTS