Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Subscription is defaulting to free on all Spotify Apps

Solved!

Family Subscription is defaulting to free on all Spotify Apps

I have subscribed to the Spotify Family to allow my partner use my premium service. I pay £14.99 per month and have the Spotify apps on four devices:

My iPhone 6, running latest IOS

My iPad Air 2 running latest IOS

My Macbook Air, running latest IOS

My partner's iPhone 6, running latest IOS.

As a secondary issue, we have Never been able to log her in to my account, despite following the instructions we were given to the letter - have just been to busy to follow up.

The main issue is though, last night I began to have ads played to me on my iPad. I checked my account and it was listed as free within the app. I logged out and logged in again but it didn't show my subscription as Premium or Family. I deleted the app and reinstalled it and it was the same. My iPhone app also lists my account status as Free.

This morning I logged in via web browser on my MacBook and it shows my account as Family and that I am paying £14.99 per month, but when I launch the Spotify app on the same device, my account defauts to Free. 

Can someone tell me what is happening? I hate being charged for a service and not getting what I pay for. If I can't get this resolved I will cancel my subscription and request a refund for my family upgrade as this has never worked!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify is aware of this problem, and they are working on a fix. 

If you have problems logging in,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify is aware of this problem, and they are working on a fix. 

If you have problems logging in,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, I am also having this issue. How will this be fixed? I am paying more for the Family Premium subscription than I was for my regular premium subscription, and it puts me on FREE! It even says Premium misses me, while showing me as administrator for Premium family in the same browser session.

Spotify.PNG

I'm just off the support to Spotify who say to keep an eye on this site for a fix. 

What I can't believe is that even though many of us are affected by this directly and are getting nothing for our €15 a month no one is willing to send an email to inform us of the fix...that's not customer service...that's almost self service. #Disappointing 

Suggested posts