Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account cancels out other devices?

Family account cancels out other devices?

Hi,

I have Spotify family which i share with one other person, it had been working fine until recently where now only one device plays at a time, I have  sonos and raumfeld wireless speakers and also use it on my iphone.

If i am playing on any of these devices and my family member signs in with their account on their phone or sonos speaker, it cancels my devices out and vice versa.

I have signed out from everywhere, cancelled my family members account and made a new one for them and it's still not working properly.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

3 Replies

Hey there! 

Spotify can be installed on as many devices as you like. However, you can only stream music on one device at a time. If the playback is paused when you're using your Sonos or your Raumfeld wireless speakers through Connect it's because someone else is also using Connect at the same time. If it happens while you're streaming from your phone or PC is possible you're logged in from the same account. 

Let us know if you have further questions.

Keep on rocking 🙂

I have the Same Problem: Family premium does nt allow other devices to be played independantly. What to do?

Hey there @Ulz and @jpopgt,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

We'd first recommend making sure to that each member is logged in to their own account, like @gnovella16 suggested.

If you're unsure, we'd suggest following the steps here to logout everywhere. You can also ask your family member to do the same when logged in their own account page. 

Note: This doesn’t include partner devices, such as Sonos.

With this in mind, it'd be a good idea checking that your Sonos is linked with the correct Spotify account for each user. If you need to log out of (or unlink) Spotify from a partner device, check the device’s manufacturer guide.

Further, keep in mind that it won't be possible for two different accounts to stream music on the same device at the same time.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts