Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family cannot redeem token

Family cannot redeem token

Hello,

I subscribed to Spotify Family. 

My family members get the invitation by e-mail, but when they click on it, they reach the login page. At no moment do they have the redeem token option...

Please help...

Stephanie

ACCEPT AN INVITE

To accept a Premium for Family invitation, open the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION.

If you already have a Free or Spotify-created Premium account

You’ll be redirected to a new browser that contains a pre-filled token. Click REDEEM.
If you do not have a Spotify account

You’ll be directed to create a Spotify Free account.
After doing so, reopen the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION.
You’ll be redirected to a new browser that contains a pre-filled token. Click REDEEM.
If you have a pre-existing Premium account created through any other company other than Spotify

Contact the company your Premium account was created through and cancel your existing subscription.
Note: If you subscribed through iTunes, please follow Apple’s instructions for canceling.

Once your account has reverted to our Free, ad supported service, reopen the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION.

14 Replies

Hi there, I suggest you to contact Spotify staff on Twitter at @spotifycares. They will be able to help you with that problem. Or on Facebook Spotify official page.

Hope this post will be helpful.
If this one help, do not hesitate to like it and/or marks it as a solution.

I'm not a Spotify employe.

Simon Normandin

I have exactly thes same problem. Clicking on the invitation link brings me back to the gener&l login page and not to the redeem token page. When I log in to the general spotif account it gives an error message that I cannot be invited because I am already part of the family group????

Hi @Bob_M and @stefhs1,

I suggest that the administrator of the acccount cancel the invitation he already sent and then issue a new one.

Before the members acceptance, make sure to clear the browser's cache (and also try different ones, if needed).

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, it still doesn't work. This is highly frustrating as my daughters keep nagging about listening to their music saperately and not being able to do do so while we just upgrated (and paying for) the premimium for family. Somehow the link which is generated has a bug and keeps directing us to the general login page. It would be nice to know the address of the link so at least I can enter it manually and get done with it.

Hey @Bob_M,

It sounds like she's trying to accept the invite while being logged into another account. To be able to accept the invite, all family members need to have their own Spotify account.

If they don't have a Spotify account yet, they can sign up on www.spotify.com

Let me know if they already have one account each.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thanks for this - Iw as having the same issue...didn't realise each family member I wanted to add needs their own Spotify account also...! which seems pretty obvious now!!  Cheers

Hey @PERFECTSUNRISE, you're welcome!

Please don't forget to add Likes and Accept As Solution 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

SPOTIFY! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS NOT ALLOWING US TO REACH THE REDEEM TOKEN PAGE WHEN WE CLICK ON THE EMAIL INVITE!!!!! PLEASE FIND OUT THE PROBLEM AND HELP US. DO NOT JUST SEND US SOME BULL HOCKEY PRETYPED ANSWER. WE NEED HELP!

Hello,

I also have issues with the invitation email. I follow the link in the email, then get to a form that I fill in, and when it comes to "confirm" (that we all live in the same house), it says "600-oups! error occurred; try again later".

I have tried more than 10 times already and I get always the same message.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hey @sarah80, I'm sorry about that.

Have you tried using different browsers in your computer?

BittencourtSpotify Star

Me too....same problem as below, see stefhs1 -

I've been invited by a family member t join Premium Family and having accepted their invitation, cannot see a page which opens up to enable me to fill-in your token ?

Please can you Help I need this Asap, for music for  a family party. 

suzannevfc@gmail.com

Hey @suzie125,

Please try again, this time using a browser in incognito mode. I suggest Chrome, if possible.

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I was having issues with this on my phone. When I clicked the Accept Invitation link, it opened the Internet app on my phone and asked me to log in. When I did, it presented me with a drop down list of optioms but not the Redeem Token message.

Instead, what I did was hold the Accept Invitation button in my email invite, copied the web link and pasted this into Google Chrome. Once I'd logged in, the drop down table was still there, but this time there were some boxes below it to accept my invitation.

Hope that helps anyone having problems on a mobile - thanks to the Spotify moderator in this group who suggested using Google Chrome!

Hey @AdrianHo, thank you for sharing this solution!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts