Premium Family

Country 

U.S.

Device

PC and Android

Operating System

(Windows 10, Android)

My Question or Issue

I just upgraded from Premium to Premium Family. I'm trying to add a family member but whenever I try to go to the page where you would add your six family members information, the page will not load. It just has the three blue blinking dots. I have tried logging out and back in. I have tried it from my phone as well as my pc. Same thing. When I go to my account page, it shows that I have a Premium Family account. Thank you

Untitled.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had a conversation with the Spotify Support team and they said because I am already on a prepaid Premium Plan, they cannot apply the new Premium Family Plan.
However, I told them that I received a promotional email saying "Family Premium now available for bla bla".
The support team was kind enough to refund the latest purchase. Now waiting to get it back and then may be I will have to try some other way to get premium.
May be dont't send promotional emails to existing customers if the feature doesn't work.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey there @buckskin52

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to double-check, have you tried opening the manager page in a private/incognito window? This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I have the same problem - is there a solution that works? I tried it in incognito. I don't really have another network to try it on. 

Hey there @smith8

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Have you also tried in a different kind of browser? Let us know how it goes. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Thanks for you reply. 

Yes, I've tried everything now but have the same failure from each machine. My laptop, my desktop and my phone. I always get the same three 'loading dots' that never stop. I'm using cell data on the phone and wifi on PCs. They are updated and I tried different browsers. 

Any ideas? I paid for family premium but can't get any family members on it. 

I just purchased Family Premium and still seeing the loading dots no matter what browser/laptop/phone I try one. 
Is there any Solution ?

This isn't the solution.

Hey everyone,

We're sorry to hear you're having difficulties accessing the Premium Family page from the account overview.

Could you try logging in to your account page first and then selecting the Family tab from the menu on the left side to see if that makes a difference?

On Android it's also possible to manage your Family plan from within the Spotify App > Settings > Account > Plan management.

If this still doesn't work for you, it'd be great if you could provide the following info:

• Your country
  • Exact steps you take to access the page and what you've tried so far
  • A screenshot of the error message you're getting when trying to access the page
  • Even better would be a video showing the issue

Thanks - Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

I had a conversation with the Spotify Support team and they said because I am already on a prepaid Premium Plan, they cannot apply the new Premium Family Plan.
However, I told them that I received a promotional email saying "Family Premium now available for bla bla".
The support team was kind enough to refund the latest purchase. Now waiting to get it back and then may be I will have to try some other way to get premium.
May be dont't send promotional emails to existing customers if the feature doesn't work.

It seems to be that you need to set a home address before you can invite others.

Suggested posts