Family member cannot login

1. Plan

Family Premium

Country

Uk

Device iPhone

Operating System

(iOS 10

Signed up for family premium. Son had free trial account beforehand. Sent invite via whatapp. Tried to login with email address and password for Spotify on his own iPhone. Says username or password incorrect. He can login via Spotify app with same credentials. He has logged out of app before clicking invite link. He has tried via webpage incognito.

Have wasted 2 hours trying everything! He was sat next to me, so definitely not an address issue! Not a good introduction to Spotify. If we don’t get it sorted quick will cancel and not bother, looks like loads of people have had same problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @ALockton,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to lend you a hand with this.

First off, I'd suggest creating a new invite link by logging into your Family page and send it to your son again.

He should then head to spotify.com (preferably on a desktop device), click on Profile in the top right corner, and there click LOG OUT. After that, he can reopen the new invite link and log in again using the credentials for his own Spotify account (i.e., his email address and password).

Your son can check the email address registered with his account here or reset his password. We'll then send him an email with a link to create a new password.

If his account was created with Facebook, he can also choose LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK to access the account. If he isn't already signed in to Facebook on the device, he will need to enter his Facebook login information.

Should the above tactics don’t work, check out this support page for more tips and tricks. 

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you still need help with this 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @ALockton,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to lend you a hand with this.

First off, I'd suggest creating a new invite link by logging into your Family page and send it to your son again.

He should then head to spotify.com (preferably on a desktop device), click on Profile in the top right corner, and there click LOG OUT. After that, he can reopen the new invite link and log in again using the credentials for his own Spotify account (i.e., his email address and password).

Your son can check the email address registered with his account here or reset his password. We'll then send him an email with a link to create a new password.

If his account was created with Facebook, he can also choose LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK to access the account. If he isn't already signed in to Facebook on the device, he will need to enter his Facebook login information.

Should the above tactics don’t work, check out this support page for more tips and tricks. 

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you still need help with this 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi There Community! Really hoping you can help my sister out who is super upset that she cant get back on the family account. 

She is currently travelling and cant get onto the app. Says that she can only have the 14 Days aboard, however ,she is not on a free one, and is on the family plan which is premium. She can log-in on the website, just not on her phone app. We have deleted it from the phone and reinstalled it. Changed the password to her account. not working. 

So im reaching out to the community for some help.... Please help

Hey @harveyk04,

Thanks for reaching out,

Judging by your description, it sounds like your sister's account was removed from the family plan and reverted to free. To see if this is the case, ask her to log in on her browser and check her plan status here.

If she's indeed on free, she'll need to wait until she's back from her trip before trying to re-join your Premium Family plan since you can't confirm your address for the plan when located in a different country.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts