Announcements

Family members added

Highlighted

Family members added

Hello, I was able to allow one of my family members to be added to the family account but my other family member keeps getting the "oops some error occured" message. This is very frustrating and offers no solution! Please fix as soon as possible or at least give me some idea of what the problem is. I have tried sending a new link and nothing sees to be working. 

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Family members added

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @scimemio,

Each family member has to have a separate username and password. So the first step is to create a new account for him (if he hasn't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since you'll be able to pick a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

He'll now have a Free account, so the next step is to send him the link generated through INVITE MEMBER BY LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Let him accept the invite logged in with his own username and you'll be set. Both will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS