Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family not getting email to join premium family even though email address is correct

Solved!

Family not getting email to join premium family even though email address is correct

I have invited my son to join my new premium family plan but he isn't receiving the email invitation despite the fact I am using the correct  email address.  He lives at my current address and currently has a premium subscription.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @regmait,

I'd recommend that you try to send him the link manually, instead of sending an invite via Email.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@mamatuz,

Have you tried it in another browser? It might also be worth trying it in an incognito window.

Can you let me know what device you're trying it on?

MaximSpotify Star

Marked as solution

Hey, I just had this issue and worked around it by finding the invite code/token and sending it directly to the family member.

1. Go to your Account Overview - Premium For Family section (screenshot)

2. Right-click on one of the open invitations and select "Copy Link address"

3. Copy-paste this link on to a text editor

4. Link format will look something like this: https://www.spotify.com/us/family/invite/pending/token/[INVITE CODE]/

5. Copy-paste and send the invite code to your family member

6. Tell them to log into their Spotify account and go to: https://www.spotify.com/us/family/redeem/

7. Enter the invite code.

screenshot.png
17 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @regmait,

I'd recommend that you try to send him the link manually, instead of sending an invite via Email.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

That idea worked great...thanks!

how, exactly, do you send the link? having the same issue😡😡

You should see the link when inviting a new member to the Premium for Family plan, @mamatuz 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

nope. only option is email. logged out and in, tried every option I can think of. BTW you're more responsive than actual spotify so thx.
Marked as solution

@mamatuz,

Have you tried it in another browser? It might also be worth trying it in an incognito window.

Can you let me know what device you're trying it on?

MaximSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey, I just had this issue and worked around it by finding the invite code/token and sending it directly to the family member.

1. Go to your Account Overview - Premium For Family section (screenshot)

2. Right-click on one of the open invitations and select "Copy Link address"

3. Copy-paste this link on to a text editor

4. Link format will look something like this: https://www.spotify.com/us/family/invite/pending/token/[INVITE CODE]/

5. Copy-paste and send the invite code to your family member

6. Tell them to log into their Spotify account and go to: https://www.spotify.com/us/family/redeem/

7. Enter the invite code.

screenshot.png

THANK YOU!!!  exactly what I needed - you're a lifesaver  🙂

How do I send it manually?

when I copy the link all it says is that the plan its not activades, or something in red. But I already have a family member thats active. Is facebook have something to do with it?

So, I tried this with my daughter's account, and it only takes me to the Spotify homescreen on her account. We successfully added our other 2 kids, on the same computer/browser, so no idea why it refuses to let her accept the invite to our family plan. Suggestions?

Good Afternoon, 

I am having the same issue, I cannot even get passed sending out the invite screen because the email is not in the "same format". I have tried opening up an ingoncito window but still no avail. I am using google chrome.

The way I was able to work around this was to send the invitations to join via Facebook, hope this helps.

Regmait, 

How and where did you go about doing that through facebook? Thank you once again in advance for your help.

I'm sorry to say that we don't quite recall since it's been a long time. I do know that my son used the invitation code and used it on Facebook. Sorry I cannot be more help to you.

I could not get this method to work either. I was able to invite all members of my family but one. They are the only member without a Gmail email address if that matters. From my account it says that the invitation has been sent, and I have tried resending it many times, but when they go to look in their email it is never there. 

I am having the same problem. The invitation to my daughter is send properly, but the invitation to another family-member is not send.

In your solution you speek about giving the code manually instead of using the e-mail. Is the code for all the family-members the same? If not, where can I find the code so that my husband can also log in and activate his account (he is now using Spotify Free).

Hopefully there is some simple solution.

LdK

Hi 

eventhough using the fine instruction below about typing in the Spotify Family invite code directly in my daughters "Redeem" menu, the access is still rejected. Any one who can help. (She doesnt recieved the invite on mail - I have deleted the invite and send a new one several times)

/john

Suggested posts