Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan activation code wont accept

Family plan activation code wont accept

This is my problem. I signed up for the family plan after being a premiuem member for a very long time, i was tired of sharing my account with my little sister, so she made her own account and i tried to add her to it. The code wont accept no matter how many times i tried to get it to work. I looked it up on the forum, nothing useful. I tried the FAQ, i uninstalled and reinstalls spotify over 20 times im sure at this point and it still wouldnt accept the darn code. I contacted customer support. which was a robot telling me the to look throught the faq and community pages that gave me nothing in the 1st place. 

Here is my rant to make myself feel better. Why is it SO LJHSFKJHSF hard to have a phone line to have someone help me with this problem. I AM PAYING EXTRA TO HAVE SPOTIFY FOR ME AND MY FAMILY AND THERE IS NOTHING TO FIX THIS ISSUE. Im about to go down to NYC just to speak to someone at the actual spotify office. 

I want to love spotify its a great service, if it wasnt for this one problem, i would but im honestly about to unsub from this if this isnt fix. Im so tired of this being a problem. Why wont it accept the code why have the darn service if it isnt going to F*cking work?!

4 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to get someone on your Family subscription. I'm also sorry nobody has replied yet.

However, you'll have to reply to that automated message (the message which redirects you to the FAQ and Community). 

Please reply to that message (even when it says no-reply), so a Spotify employee can get back to you as soon as possible.

If you didn't get a reply within 48 hours, please let me know your Case ID so I can escalate your message with the right team.

Thank you!

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why didn't you 2 just answer the question here so that other people with the same problem didn't have to go through the same frustration. Or better yet! FIX THE GLITCH

Same issue here. 

Just upgraded to family plan and trying to add my wife in. She has a Spotify free account. She received the activation code and link by email. When clicking on it she logs with her account on Spotify but never get the accept button as expected. We tried several times and spent 1h on it. This is very frustrating. Please help. 

Suggested posts