Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan - had to kick my daughter and wanted to add her again, but it doesn't work.

Family plan - had to kick my daughter and wanted to add her again, but it doesn't work.

Hello, I have a premium account with the family plan. Lately I had to kick my daughter, since there were some issues and now I wanted to add her again. But she can't join our family plan anymore.

What could the problem? She can click the invitation link and since she obviously has an account, she logs in and provides the needed info. When trying to confirm, she will get a message that she can't join the family plan???!

Looking forward to your advice. My daughter is really upset, since all her playlists etc. are gone. Thanks in advance!!!

2 Replies

Hey @Maru1234, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Remember that all members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same physical address. If that's the case, we recommend your daughter clear the cache/cookies from her browser, and try to accept the invite on a PC using an incognito window.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hello Maria,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I followed all your steps, but unfortunately I still get the note, that my daughter can't join (please see attachement). 

When she logs in to her account, she has a basic account. So she still has her playlists but obviously can't use any premium features. As a test I tried to invite another person, where it worked fine. Only difference was that this new person had to register a new account.

Is there any possibility that you can try it from your end when I provide you with the data? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-28 um 17.56.43.png

Suggested posts