Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan not needed

Family plan not needed

Hi I no longer need my family plan as my kids are now using the vodafone x student plan and can choose spotify primuium as an free option. 

However both they and I are worried about loosing our exsisting playlists during the transition from the family plan as the payment shedules are not in sync.

Whats the best way to manage this transition to ensure we can all hold on to our playlists?

3 Replies

Hi @poshpants, welcome to the community!

You can freely cancel your family membership. If your kids are still using the same Spotify account, but paying for their own membership, they will still have all their music, playlists, and followers. It's all tied to their accounts.

If your kids have created new accounts in order to subscribe to the student membership, then we can cross that bridge.

Let me know if I didn't solve your issue.

Thanks, have a lovely day.

One final query relating to this.  I have cancelled the family plan but it still runs to the end of Aug.  Can my son activate his student plan now or does he have to wait until the family plan stops completely?

Hi @poshpants,

He can absolutely start his new membership now. The one thing I'm uncertain of is whether he will be charged immediately, or after your family plan has ran out (at the end of August like you mentioned).

Suggested posts